Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a great example for use of the "Channel Volume" option in MMH. I wanted to add some gain to the rear channels of the new Don Davis The Matrix -The Complete Edition SACD. I first opened the dsf files into Foobar2K and converted to flac (to save space.) Then set the first file channel Volume change on the rears to +4.0dbs (and checked the "Copy First File Gain" button to copy to all below files) and then re-listened to the changes on my computer.

Don't forget to set the option of: "Remix Folder Under Source" just to be safe and if you don't want to overwrite the original files.

Decided it was a little too much and re-set to +3.0dbs which sounds better. But still need to check it out on my main system. But if I need to adjust further, it only takes a couple minutes and it's done. Since the music is mostly fairly atmospheric/ambient; I feel no need for a song by song adjustment. Worked great and saved me tons of time rather than doing it manually.

Thanks again Garry!

MATRIX ADJUSTMENT.jpg

Music Media Helper 5.0.4 Released:

Version 5.0.4 (July 28 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added new 'Target' feature for Fronts, LFE and Rears - new
Channel Volume tool: Added new 'Check Disparity' feature for Fronts and Rears - new
Channel Volume tool: Added 'Clear' button to clear previously loaded files - new
Channel Volume tool: Now supports display of more files when dialog is maximised - new
Channel Volume tool: Now loads files much faster (uses multi threads) - new
Channel Volume tool: Updating Volume now processes multiple files concurrently (faster) - new

Channel Delay tool: Added 'Clear' button to clear previously loaded files - new
Channel Delay tool: Now supports display of more files when dialog is maximised - new

Resample Audio tool: Updating file now processes multiple files concurrently (faster) - new
Remix Channel Layout tool: Updating file now processes multiple files concurrently (faster) - new

Downloading MMH Update file from within MMH5 now faster (after installing this version - multithreaded download)
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: MMH would not display audio data in some files (when < -100db detected) - fixed
Resolved dialog/font scaling issues when user sets Windows text scaling > 100% in Win 10

The new Channel Volume tool supports more visible files (less scrolling):
VolumeMultiColumn.PNG

Actually, it looked like it was working (great tagging improvements) but on 5 original Atmos playable in oppo mkv's split into flacs, none are playing either in oppo or Panasonic in mch flac, they act weird and lock up.

Where can I redownload the previous version?

They do play fine in foobar2000 using MMH5. But the trusty Oppos and Pannies...

Last edited:
@CINERAMAX I have a vague memory the Oppo’s can’t play 7.1 FLAC. Is this correct? Creating FLAC from an Atmos stream will use the TrueHD 7.1 and create 7.1 FLAC.

Nothing should be different between FLAC created with MMH 5 vs MMH 4.

I think using MMH to convert to MKA should playback as Atmos on Oppos.

Maybe someone can confirm? @himey may know.

That is what I selected the 7.1 track from the dropdown. Yeah I can play atmos Mkv and Mp4 all the time, is just adding the 5.1 flac to that library (sourced from my atmos bds) what I am after. I will try the lossy 5.1 track and see. Thanks!

Music Media Helper 5.0.5 Released:

Version 5.0.5 (August 6 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: 'Target Gain' feature now works relative to Front RMS of source
Channel Volume tool: Improvements in dialog loading & display
Media File Manager: Folder processing is faster
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Under certain situation source files were incorrectly overwritten - fixed
Check For Updates: MMH was unresponsive during version check - fixed
Resolved dialog/font scaling issue when user sets Windows text > 125%

Post here about changes to the Channel Volume tool:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-for-channel-volume-editing.28401/post-576241

Last edited:
Hello,
I have been attempting to install the new version of MMH5. I have set up .net v5 as needed and confirmed it working via the cmd line using dotnet.
When I attempt to install MMH5, it fails at the "Gathering required information" dialog box with no additional information. Nothing happens after that. This is likely something simple that I am missing. MMH4 was installed and working fine. Thanks for the help.

Hello,
I have been attempting to install the new version of MMH5. I have set up .net v5 as needed and confirmed it working via the cmd line using dotnet.
When I attempt to install MMH5, it fails at the "Gathering required information" dialog box with no additional information. Nothing happens after that. This is likely something simple that I am missing. MMH4 was installed and working fine. Thanks for the help.

This release hung a little longer than the previous ones for me. Maybe it had more stuff to load? It installed fine eventually.

Maybe all tab the keyboard to see if a dialog box is hiding behind something else. Happens with some things on windows 10 PCs.

I have been attempting to install the new version of MMH5

All I can think of is to confirm you installed the .NET x64 Desktop Runtime.

Have you run MMH 5 previously on that PC or is this the first time installing MMH 5?

I’ll do a test install on a Win10 Notebook today and check the new installer.

It’s probably the latest MMH 5.0.5 installer. I just remembered I changed the installer build about a week ago and this would be the first public release since then. It installs and runs on my development PC but that does not test if something is missing from the installer as my dev PC has everything already.

Has anyone installed 5.0.5 ok?

It’s probably the latest MMH 5.0.5 installer. I just remembered I changed the installer build about a week ago and this would be the first public release since then. I installs and runs on my development PC but that does not test if something is missing.

I've just done an update to 5.0.5 from 5.0.4 with no issues, same as @himey took a while with the hour glass, then ok.

It’s probably the latest MMH 5.0.5 installer. I just remembered I changed the installer build about a week ago and this would be the first public release since then. I installs and runs on my development PC but that does not test if something is missing.

I was gone on vacation but I just successfully moved from 5.0.2 to 5.0.5. The initial part of the install seemed to take a while and then the dialogue boxes in the middle of the screen went by fairly quick.

This release hung a little longer than the previous ones for me

I've just done an update to 5.0.5 from 5.0.4 with no issue

The initial part of the install seemed to take a while and then the dialogue boxes in the middle of the screen went by fairly quick.

Thanks guys.

I just installed 5.0.5 on my Surface Pro. There was a "Gathering required information" dialog that hung around for about 30 seconds or so, maybe a little longer then installer said MMH 5 needed .NET 5.0 and took me to the Microsoft .NET 5 website to download. Selected Desktop x64 which it downloaded (very fast as .NET runtime is very small). Installed runtime and MMH 5 ran from the Desktop shortcut. which was created by the MMH 5 installer. So all ok.

My appologies for not keep up on the progress of MMH but I ran into an update problem today. I'm on 4.2.12, when first attempting the update I got a popup saying I needed to install Net5 and it forward me to the MS website. I installed the X64 file and then attempted to install MMH. The first "configureing MMH5 window opens and the progress bar speeds to about 3/4 and then just disappears. Tried a few times with the same outcome, no idea where to go from here.

Can you check your c:\program files\music media helper\ folder and see if there’s a bunch of files there please?

If so try and run ‘musicmediahelper.exe’ (double-click)

Hello,
This was the first time I have tried to install MMH5.x. I was coming from MMH4.x.
I get a good response when I run dotnet at the cmd line:

1628293939678.png

It gets this far into the install and the dialog box disappears with no further installation actions.

1628294050274.png

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Here is a listing for the requested folder. Running Music Media Helper.exe brings up the version 5.0.5 GUI. What else can I do to help?

Thanks

1628294344825.png

Back