Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try navigating to the m4a album folders, right-click or long select (hold down until a pop-up menu appears) and click the Rescan Tags option (or equivalent, I can’t remember exact name). Click the option to do a full scan.

how is the mac port coming?

Slower than I was hoping. I’m going to wait until .NET 6 is released before doing much more. A lot of what’s being done in .NET MAUI (the multi platform UI) is based on iOS now. So I’m waiting to see what happens in next couple of months.

💥 What are the tools used TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY of the mp3 after downloading from Youtube?

💥 What are the tools used TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY of the mp3 after downloading from Youtube?
You can't, its very lossy.

mp3 chops out frequencies if they are below a threshold, so you can't add them back in - its why sometimes you'll notice something like a cowbell appears to be more prominent in mp3 compared to the mix straight from CD. Lots of claims of up-sampling & interpolation methods, but once its gone from the source what is it you're adding?

Music Media Helper 5.0.14 released:

Version 5.0.14 (Sept 15 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
MMH Installer: Failed with .NET 5 not installed error when .NET 5 was installed and .NET 4.8 was not - fixed

Changes:
Code cleanup and minor UI changes/fixes
Updated to latest MKVtoolnix and Ffmpeg 4.4 components

Music Media Helper 5.0.15 released:

Version 5.0.15 (Sept 17 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Failed to convert M4A to FLAC or WAV if using drag & drop or from file dialog - fixed

Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Now loads tags in output files (e.g Tags in FLAC converted to from M4A with tags)

I just ripped some .mlp from a dvd audio disc created mka files with mkvtoonix. when I try and convert the mka files to m4a with MMH it creates zero size files everytime. Any suggestions?

I messaged a link to the mlp file

It looks like the m4a container does not support mlp. I get this error message when attempting to copy an mlp stream from an MKA or using a mlp file directly as the input:

codec not currently supported in container. Could not write header for output file #0

I'll dig deeper but at this stage I have no solution to get mlp into m4a..

I assume you want m4a for tagging support? Are you using Kodi?

I have converted by DVDAs to FLAC. That's one alternative. MLP to FLAC is a lossless conversion.
If you want to keep MLP you could create a CUE file for the MKAs to get 'tags' to work

Music Media Helper 5.0.16 released:

Version 5.0.16 (Sept 21 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Merge MKV and FLAC tool: Support added for MP4 video files
Merge MKV and FLAC tool: Renamed to: Merge Video and FLAC

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Failed to convert a single M4A if added using drag & drop or from file dialog - fixed

A user reported yesterday that MMH could not convert a PCM stream (stereo or multichannel) to an MPEG container file (MP4 video or M4A audio). On investigation I found PCM is not supported in MPEG files.

However, I've made changes in latest MMH to support PCM in MPEG containers by auto converting PCM to FLAC during and any MMH conversion to MPEG (if PCM). FLAC plays happily in MP4 and M4A in Kodi, VLC, Foobar2000 and Windows Groove. I have not tested any other players.

Music Media Helper 5.0.17 released:

Version 5.0.17 (Sept 22 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Split & Rename Concerts tool: PCM audio streams in MP4 output files now supported (PCM converted to FLAC during conversion)
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: PCM audio streams in MP4 & M4A output files now supported (PCM converted to FLAC during conversion)
Updated Docs

Fixes:
Merge Video and FLAC tool: 5.0.16 shows error message in files without audio - fixed
Split & Rename Concerts tool: If selected output is 'MP4' and selected audio stream is 'PCM' - MMH failed to convert - fixed

Music Media Helper 5.0.18 released:

A lot of updates in this one. I finally added a basic file player to help users check files during conversions and channel volume editing

Version 5.0.18 (October 1 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added new 'Play' button to playback original source or remixed files - new
Split & Rename Concerts tool: Loading an MKV file with no chapters can now be converted to MP4
Split & Rename Concerts tool: Added support for Drag & Drop of a single MKV file from Windows File Explorer - new
Split & Rename Concerts tool: Added new 'Play' button to playback any selected file in the grid - new
Rename & Tag tool: Added support for adding files with Drag & Drop from Windows File Explorer - new
Rename & Tag tool: Added new 'Play' button to playback any selected file in the grid - new
Play List Editor tool: Added new 'Play' button to playback any selected file in playlist grid - new

Updated 3rd party UI controls (MMH File and Folder browsers now support key search i.e. type 'p' and it finds first file or folder starting with 'p'
Updated ffmpeg components to latest
Updated Docs

Notes:
The new 'Play' option supports multichannel audio files (and displays video if a video file selected - mkv, mp4 etc)
and is a basic experimental feature (no play controls). A future version of MMH will add playback controls.

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Now supports loading of MP4 files (supports Waveform display and Playback, not editing volume)

Last edited:
At a user's request I'm adding a Peak Limiter to the MMH Channel Volume tool.

This currently works by finding the minimum Peak from all channels (not including LFE) and uses some light compression to reduce peaks for all other channels (not LFE) to that minimum peak value. It leaves the RMS volume the same and just reduces the loudest peaks.

New Peak Limiter option at bottom of the Gain menu:

1633146372649.png

There's a beta with this feature here (5.0.19 beta 1) if anyone wants to try it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqs3ia6BNDDHiXXHcKv9yQPqfU0e?e=wTUvrn

Music Media Helper 5.0.19 released:

Version 5.0.19 (October 8 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added new Peak Limiter option (Uses a Compressor to soft limit peaks) - new
MMH5 new 'Play' now uses MPVNet player program if installed. This player supports MCH Audio and Video files with playback controls
Updated PDF Docs

Final Channel Volume tool Peak Limiter options in this release with 3 target options which compress channel peaks above the target selected:
limiter2.PNG

Music Media Helper 5.0.21 released:

Version 5.0.21 (October 14 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Merge Video & FLAC files tool: Added support for additional video input files: .avi .vob .m2ts and .ts video files
Merge Video & FLAC files tool: Output format now selectable (either MKV or MP4). Previously output file type = source type
Split & Rename Concerts tool: MMH now removes chapters from split (output) MKV output files
Split & Rename Concerts tool: MMH now ensures only one default audio stream is set for output MKV files
Chapter Editor: MMH now ensures only one default audio stream is set for MKV files
Updated to latest MKVtoolnix v62.0.0 components

Previous change log (not posted here)
Version 5.0.20 (October 9 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Channel Split & Merge tool: MMH does not save split files to a user defined Output folder - fixed
Channel Volume tool: Using Peak Limiter option could fail with some settings - fixes

Back