Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will make my day when your MacOs version is dropped.

I’m probably going to restart on a MacOS version pretty soon as .NET Maui is in its final development stages (now at preview 12 version). This will give me the UI required on MacOS.

.NET 6 was released for Windows, MacOS and Linux in November. I already have an unreleased Windows version running on .NET 6.

I was going to have a ’play’ with latest Maui preview 12 today but I had my third Covid vaccs yesterday and was feeling a little off. So had the couch strapped to my back all day :)

Is there an easy way to add an ARTIST jpg to every folder. I already have the ALBUM jpg. TIA.

I was able to use Album Art Downloader in the file browser or the Foobar browser mode, to make adding the Artist jpg's to my music folders fairly easy. Never found a way to fully automate, which was a little surprising with all the tools out there. AAD has an automatic setting, but I couldn't get it to work?

I've just uploaded the next release of MMH:

Music Media Helper 6 now uses .NET 6 Desktop Runtime which is the most recent .NET runtime supporting MacOS and Linux. .NET 6 gets many improvements, is faster and gets long term support from Microsoft. .NET 6 was first released in November 2021.

MMH 6 is currently functionally identical to the latest MMH 5.0.31, except that is runs on .NET 6 (MMH 5 runs on .NET 5) and MMH 6 uses updated 3rd party User Interface controls.

I will no longer update MMH 5. Future changes, bug fixes and new features will now target MMH 6 (.NET 6) only.

MMH 6 will install alongside MMH 5 and creates a new Windows menu option and desktop shortcut. You can run both 5 and 6 if both are installed.

MMH 5 will not yet inform users about the new MMH 6 version. I will do that after positive feedback on MMH 6.

To use MMH 6 please first install the Microsoft .NET 6 Desktop Runtime x64:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0
Find the '.NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.2' on right side and download the Windows x64 version

Here is the direct download link to download the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-6.0.2-windows-x64-installer

After installing .NET 6 you can then download MMH 6 from this link:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/MMHInstaller.msi

Changelog:

Version 6.0.0 (January 31 2022)
-------------
New:
Version 6.0 now runs as a 64 bit application on .NET 6 Desktop Runtime

Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 5.0.32 released.

The primary purpose of this release is to auto inform MMH 5 users that MMH 6 has been released with its auto check for updates and to allow MMH 5 users to download and install MMH 6 from MMH 5 (and download and install .NET 6 Desktop runtime for MMH 6).

If you just want to install MMH 6 directly download and run the two files in the two links below.

Version 5.0.32 (February 11 2022) - This is the last MMH 5 release (all future updates in MMH 6)
-------------
Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls
New Check for Updates will auto download new MMH 6 (and .NET 6 Desktop Runtime if not already installed)

VERSION 6.0 Using .NET 6 is NOW Released
You must install .NET 6 Desktop Runtime before installing MMH 6
Latest MMH 5.0.32 update allows the MMH 5 updater to auto install .NET 6 if not already installed via the 'Check for Updates'

Or you can manually install MMH 6 by copy and pasting these links into your browser:
1. Download and run .NET 6 runtime installer:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-6.0.2-windows-x64-installer
2. Download and run MMH 6 Installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/publish.htm

Last edited:
Gary,
Now that I have 6 up and running I have 2 questions.
First is there any reason I should keep 5 on the system too?
If not, can I just remove 5 in the standard way or is there some trick to not screw up the 6 install?
TIA, Sal

Theoretically there is no reason to keep MMH 5 as currently it’s functionally the same as MMH 6 but 5 won’t get future updates.

Some users like to keep older software versions until the new is proven.

You can uninstall MMH 5 by using Windows Settings, Apps and finding ‘Music Media Helper 5’ in the list of installed apps and ‘uninstall’. That will remove all MMH 5 related files, start menu listing and desktop shortcut.

Hello,
Trying to install MMH 6 and it is having difficulties. .net - 6.0.2 (x64) is installed.

1644700952574.png

The installer halts on this message - even though the .net is installed.

1644701143249.png

It will download .net, but will not get past the error message during the install.

Thanks for the attention.

@kcrimson

You need to install the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime x64.

1644708336882.png

Microsoft has not helped with their naming of .NET runtimes. When you download '.NET 6 Desktop Runtime' its called 'Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime' in the Apps section. WTF?

Last edited:
Theoretically there is no reason to keep MMH 5 as currently it’s functionally the same as MMH 6 but 5 won’t get future updates.

Some users like to keep older software versions until the new is proven.

You can uninstall MMH 5 by using Windows Settings, Apps and finding ‘Music Media Helper 5’ in the list of installed apps and ‘uninstall’. That will remove all MMH 5 related files, start menu listing and desktop shortcut.
When I went in to remove 5, I also found another older dated one with no number on it. Removed both with no issues, 6 still runs perfectly. Thanks for the reassurance. ;)
Sal

Music Media Helper 6.0.1 released.

Version 6.0.1 (February 16 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Updated to latest 3rd party components: MediaInfo 21.09 and MKVtoolnix v65.0.0
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Improved support for Quad M4A files

Music Media Helper 6.0.2 released.

Version 6.0.2 (February 18 2022)
-------------
Fixes:
MusicBrainz lookup could fail using .NET 6 in certain circumstances - fixed
Chapter Editor tool: Cannot change Default Audio Stream if loaded MKV/MKA file does not contain chapters - fixed

Changes:
MusicBrainz search: Add new button on Album Artist text box opens browser at MusicBrainz website for manual search
NOTE: If user copies the MusicBrainz releaseID into the Album text box & clicks find MMH loads data for the release
Updated PDF Docs

NOTE: For some awkward Artists/Albums MMH's MusicBrainz lookup may fail as it wants pretty much the exact naming. If MMH fails to find you can now use the new browser lookup button added in this release:

Here is the new MusicBrainz browser button (shows the tooltip when mouse hovers over the ... button (yellow highlighted):

1645232510305.png

If the Album Artist text box has a text value MMH parses that directly to the MusicBrainz website:

1645232686660.png

In your browser click on the actual artist you want. That shows a list of album releases for the artist selected.

Then click on the release, which displays all the various release packages:
1645232966169.png

Click on the release (above) shows the release details:
1645233060396.png

If you copy the link in your browser (shown above) into the Album Name text box in MMH, MMH will download all the track titles etc for the release your have chosen

I don’t know if this the right place to ask this but:

Short version: I’m trying to resample some 24/192 flacs to 24/96 flac. But when I do, I keep getting nothing. No files.

Long version: I recently bought a new AVR which doesn’t like 4.0, but is okay with 5.0. I was able to successfully batch add a silent C with MMH to pretty much all of my 4.0 flac files (hundreds of folders worth) and get them to work (JRiver -> Oppo 105D -> AVR).

But for the Chicago and Doobie Brothers quadio 24/192 flacs, it didn’t work - I still just got stereo. Ok... I surmised maybe my AVR didn’t place nice with 24/192 MCh, so I would need to resample them to 24/96.

I tried to resample with the MMH resampler, but every time I try to resample (either single file or batch, 4.0 or 5.0) it takes <1 sec to “complete” - and I get no resampled files. Just to confirm that 192 was actually the playback issue and the resample problem isn’t moot, I resampled a single song to 24/96 in Audacity - and it played back fine as quad.

Is it possible I’m doing (or not doing) something incorrectly with the MMH resampler? Has anyone else run across anything similar? Thanks.

Back