MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orbital : "Optical Delusion" (SDE Dolby Atmos/5.1 HFPA Blu-ray)

(plus slipcover for XPropaganda! ❤️ )

7CF1A528-18B4-47C9-A29B-662BE9F9461A.jpeg

9BBB92CE-DB95-4EB2-A545-4881C734DF8D.jpeg

Barclay James Harvest's 1971 album Once Again 3CD & Blu-ray set, the Blu-ray has a fab new 5.1 mix by @Stephen W Tayler as well as the original Quad mix.
AND Orbital's brand new offering, Optical Delusion on Blu-ray with Stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes, the Atmos by Mark Ayers (interesting to read his comments in the booklet on how he mixed it) is the best I've heard so far, I think it's my new favourite. Astonishing!
20230217_110339.jpg

Barclay James Harvest's 1971 album Once Again 3CD & Blu-ray set, the Blu-ray has a fab new 5.1 mix by @Stephen W Tayler as well as the original Quad mix.
AND Orbital's brand new offering, Optical Delusion on Blu-ray with Stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes, the Atmos by Mark Ayers (interesting to read his comments in the booklet on how he mixed it) is the best I've heard so far, I think it's my new favourite. Astonishing!
View attachment 88697
Make sure you expand on your positive impression in the Polls!

Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (SDE Atmos HFPA Blu-ray)
How come you've got it already Freddie? (I'm a poet and I don't know it!)? According to my tracking, mine is arriving the next day, come what may......
i'm having an affair with my postman! he always gives me the most, man! 😂
My postman always delivers late, I guess I'll have to wait!

ps 1 - how does the Ten Years After sound?
ps 2 - aren't we supposed to say postperson or postthey nowadays anyway o_O🤣

How come you've got it already Freddie? (I'm a poet and I don't know it!)? According to my tracking, mine is arriving the next day, come what may......

My postman always delivers late, I guess I'll have to wait!

ps 1 - how does the Ten Years After sound?
ps 2 - aren't we supposed to say postperson or postthey nowadays anyway o_O🤣
getting stuck into the TYA BD now! ✌️💘

(edit) and a disclaimer: i can only do Atmos in 7.1 through my old CA BDP (7.1.4 playback's only possible on the 'puter at this time) so any Height info's down in the bed rather than up top.. but wowzers the sound quality of the Atmos mix on the Blu-ray is absolutely astonishing and its all very Surround-y! 🥳😍

further update: the Quad mix has the Front & Back channels the right way round now ✌️🤩

Last edited:
Back