MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pet Shop Boys - Inner Sanctum

e3qhsyybk2t2wfedz.jpg

I haven't actually brought much new physical music this year but I did make the effort to get Kate Bush 4 CD box set - The Other Sides & the new Robin Trower CD Coming Closer To The Day, which is great.
One thing I have to say is disappointing is the lack of booklets or anything much being included with CDs these days.

I haven't actually brought much new physical music this year but I did make the effort to get Kate Bush 4 CD box set - The Other Sides & the new Robin Trower CD Coming Closer To The Day, which is great.
One thing I have to say is disappointing is the lack of booklets or anything much being included with CDs these days.

How is the general sound quality of the new Trower? I hope his people haven't gone down the route of loud and harsh....his older stuff always sounded excellent.

How is the general sound quality of the new Trower? I hope his people haven't gone down the route of loud and harsh....his older stuff always sounded excellent.
Twice Removed From Yesterday is still one of my favorite albums of all time. The magic Robin created with James Dewar ( vocals, bass) and Reg Isidore (drums) was unparalleled!

Yello - "Live In Berlin" Blu Ray 4.1 DTS HD MA

View attachment 40234

Best known for the song "Oh Yeah" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - this Swiss Electro Pop duo has been around for over 35 years and with one or two exceptions has never performed live. In 2017 they reunited with a full band (vocalists. percussion, guitars, horns, etc) at the Kraftwerk in Berlin - a decommissioned power station - a massive and dramatic venue. Stunning visually with an excellent and active 4.1 live surround mix. Here's a little sample;

Hello Elmer!
Thanks for the post. I have just ordered this disc from Amazon UK. I don't know if there was a domestic release of this in the USA but I can play play it anyway.

I never thought much about the band behind Oh Yeah. Well what I did think is that it was Art of Noise doing the song who I have a few CD's of. Glad know correctly. I really enjoyed the youtube clip & it sounded decent & looked quite good on my 8' screen. Looking forward to enjoying the Blu-Rei.

Sounds good to me. I am travelling around a lot so I mostly use my Bluetooth speakers so I can't say how loud it is unfortunately

Hello Elmer!
Thanks for the post. I have just ordered this disc from Amazon UK. I don't know if there was a domestic release of this in the USA but I can play play it anyway.

I never thought much about the band behind Oh Yeah. Well what I did think is that it was Art of Noise doing the song who I have a few CD's of. Glad know correctly. I really enjoyed the youtube clip & it sounded decent & looked quite good on my 8' screen. Looking forward to enjoying the Blu-Rei.
Your welcome! Yeah there’s a bit of an Art of Noise vibe going on - certainly, electro pop is apt description. It’s a region 0 release so no problem playing it here in the US. There are a few instrumentals, a few songs sung by 2 different female vocalists and the rest are “narrated” (for lack of a better phrase) in that deep, film nourish growl by Dieter Meier. It’s an impressive production all in all. hope you enjoy!

Industrial Accident: Story of Wax Trax Records

Story of Jim & Danny and their Chicago record store & record label.

There is a Concept receiver behind Jello Biafra while he's being interviewed. That was one of our Pacific Stereo proprietary brands.

We also got the CD compilation by the same name.

Pet Shop Boys - Inner Sanctum

e3qhsyybk2t2wfedz.jpg
I watched a part of this concert last night and it was fantastic! The sound is really immersive and the picture quality is fantastic too with all those lasers circling around. The exposure was just right, maintaining excellent definition and saturation in highlights especially for on screen images and lights. Too bad it was not done in 4K with Dolby Vision. I watched it with the lights turned off. It felt like I was at the concert. I had this cranked up pretty loud ( measured 100 dB + peaks with my SPL meter ). Unofrtunately had to shut it down when the boss got home :). Suffice it to say that I was super impressed with it. I haven't even had a chance to view the "bonus" @ 60 minute concert, except for a quick browse. This would easily rate a "10" in my book, especially for quality of production.

Late to the party I know but today received The Beatles White Album (6CD + Blu Ray) from an American Amazon UK third party seller for just £49.87 including delivery and it only took 12 days to arrive. Classed as used good and is just a bit (and I mean just a small bit) dinked on the corners, seems like a good deal to me, oh and yesterday took delivery of In Search of Hades Tangerine Dream massive box😁......happy days!!

Late to the party I know but today received The Beatles White Album (6CD + Blu Ray) from an American Amazon UK third party seller for just £49.87 including delivery and it only took 12 days to arrive. Classed as used good and is just a bit (and I mean just a small bit) dinked on the corners, seems like a good deal to me, oh and yesterday took delivery of In Search of Hades Tangerine Dream massive box😁......happy days!!

Nothing wrong with being late getting a release...the music is what counts...and all you missed was one day of bliss and then the usual complaints that last a lot longer...and BTW that is a great price...especially in the UK (y)

That definitely is a great price! I've just received the GN'R box w/BD-A that I ordered last week. Only took eight days to arrive, which was kewl. The cost to me was $139 (~US$93), and if I could secure The White Album for about the same amount, I'd be rapt. :) One day, perhaps...

Back