MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign "O" The Times - Prince (BD Atmos etc)

gbnvUrf.jpg
Freddie- I’m really interested in your thoughts on this mix (I don’t have this version); ‘cause what’s been done (or rather not been done) so far with Prince’s catalog Surround wise- is a damn bloody shame :mad:
For funk’s sake; it could really be special!

Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC Blu-Ray/CD. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

Just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!

Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC Blu-Ray/CD. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

Just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!
Love to hear your opinion on the new Wilson mix, Linda!

King Crimson-ITCOTCK 3 cd/Blu ray set

An extremely classy 2019 Steve Wilson remix and package. Comes in a very sturdy slipcase and each disc is in a paper sleeve and the extras which are on the 3 RBCDs are also included in their entirety in hi res on the Blu Ray Audio disc in 96/24 resolution. And absolutely NO issues with the menus. Everything is clear and concise [the way I always heard it should be]!

The album sounds like it was recorded yesterday and one could only hope, wish and dream that Steve Wilson was on hand to remix every classic rock/jazz and pop album ever recorded in SURROUND.

A solid home run. Even if you have the DVD~A [which I haven't compared as yet], this remix/remaster belongs in every KING CRIMSON L❤ver's collection.

41ug1Mt-AwL.jpg

Last edited:
Strange bedfellows, I know, but I'm on a mission to find good Atmos mixes. @edisonbaggins and others recommended the first, and a new release from Sono Luminus is always an occasion for rejoicing. (I thought the last one from Daniel Bjarnason & the Iceland Symphony, Recurrence, was astonishing, and that was well before I could do Atmos.)

IMG_20191209_232117776.jpg

Back