MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New release from A Beautiful Curse, a CD-DVD-Blu-ray set of their new album:
A Scar is Born Release March 27, 2020

"A Scar Is Born" now available in a 4 disc package that includes a stereo CD, a binaural (stereo "headphone surround sound") CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray. The DVD and Blu-Ray features the entire album in stereo as well as 5.1 surround sound and includes "The Story So Far" documentary, "the making of" documentary, music videos, and other visual goodies.

View attachment 47082
Streaming this now on Amazon Music. Pretty damn impressive and versatile music. Definitely rife for a fantastic surround mix as there are all types of cool sonics in literally every song. I’m in!

Pre-ordered! Really interesting music, thank you for the tip. Nice to be able to order from their BandCamp page too.

Greetings Janco

New release from A Beautiful Curse, a CD-DVD-Blu-ray set of their new album:
A Scar is Born Release March 27, 2020

"A Scar Is Born" now available in a 4 disc package that includes a stereo CD, a binaural (stereo "headphone surround sound") CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray. The DVD and Blu-Ray features the entire album in stereo as well as 5.1 surround sound and includes "The Story So Far" documentary, "the making of" documentary, music videos, and other visual goodies.

View attachment 47082

I know. I found another BOC BD, region 2 only, (Africa) live Agents of Fortune. Weird.
To sort of finish this off, I finally did get the live Agents of Fortune. It was performed in 2016 in Hollywood to recognize the 40th anniversary of AOF. It's a blu-ray but the sound is DD. The picture is fine, the sound okay, the performance, well it's not bad considering. Buck still plays pretty darn good and they did a pretty good job of playing the original sound effects such as the subway train. Plus they had Eric Bloom back to do his original vocals in the album so that was definitely a plus.
https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Öyster...-Agents-Of-Fortune-Live-2016/release/14889592

To sort of finish this off, I finally did get the live Agents of Fortune. It was performed in 2016 in Hollywood to recognize the 40th anniversary of AOF. It's a blu-ray but the sound is DD. The picture is fine, the sound okay, the performance, well it's not bad considering. Buck still plays pretty darn good and they did a pretty good job of playing the original sound effects such as the subway train. Plus they had Eric Bloom back to do his original vocals in the album so that was definitely a plus.
https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Öyster...-Agents-Of-Fortune-Live-2016/release/14889592
Hmmm. Well, just based on your comments....I think I now know I'm not going to get this.

Hmmm. Well, just based on your comments....I think I now know I'm not going to get this.
Yes I would say if you are a big fan then go for it. If not then it may not satisfy. The guys play extremely well, don't get me wrong-but after 40 years the vocals are understandibly not quite there. But bringing back the old drummer and Eric Bloom were good moves and I can't really fault the sound I just wish it was at least DTS.
I think just having the videos of everyone at 40 years on adds to it for me.
Personal story bypass:
(I lived in an old 2 story house divided into apartments back in the 70's with a lady friend after I divorced. I used to come home after 2nd shift at the plant and if the partyers were noisy next door I would slip the LP on my Thorenz TT and crank up that old Kenwood quad driving Infinity 1001 speakers. Sometimes I would play a whole side and it had the desired effect of pissing off the neighbor but shutting him up. Hee hee. I was a young veteran and fearlessly stupid back in those days.)
40 years. Sweet Jesus how time has slipped away.

Yes I would say if you are a big fan then go for it. If not then it may not satisfy. The guys play extremely well, don't get me wrong-but after 40 years the vocals are understandibly not quite there. But bringing back the old drummer and Eric Bloom were good moves and I can't really fault the sound I just wish it was at least DTS.
I think just having the videos of everyone at 40 years on adds to it for me.
Personal story bypass:
(I lived in an old 2 story house divided into apartments back in the 70's with a lady friend after I divorced. I used to come home after 2nd shift at the plant and if the partyers were noisy next door I would slip the LP on my Thorenz TT and crank up that old Kenwood quad driving Infinity 1001 speakers. Sometimes I would play a whole side and it had the desired effect of pissing off the neighbor but shutting him up. Hee hee. I was a young veteran and fearlessly stupid back in those days.)
40 years. Sweet Jesus how time has slipped away.
To put in comparison, I know ELO Zoom on DVD is a revelation. To me anyway. If the BOC were close to that good, I'd be super-duper happy.

Eric Bloom never left Blue Oyster Cult (they wouldn't be BOC without a "stun guitar") and Joe Bouchard was the original drummer (and original vocalist on "City On Flames..."). Drummer Jules Radino joined in 2004. I think he is Joe's third (fourth?) replacement.

On the weekend I snaffled a copy of The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's 50th box set, from a second-hand store. I was very surprised to see it. Not for a steal, mind, but definitely less expensive than I'd've been able to find it for online, including freight & Australia Tax™. :sneaky: A$160 (~US$94) was what it set me back, and the contents of the box have been well looked after. (y) I'll enjoy spinning this one, as soon as a I have a proper system set up once more.

yeay! Mary's Dark Side's arrived! signed, sealed, delivered, i'm all ears! 😈😋💋

1D596ECF-0D75-4B8F-A5F6-8A2941229595.jpeg

6D43FC0B-3794-4B2F-899A-A77D93C10EBD.jpeg

hang on!! the mastered versions were lost in a fire..!? not that fire!?? 🔥😢

wow.. a total miracle this exists at all..!! all thanks to Bob Clearmountain!!! 🌈🤩

Last edited:
Eric Bloom never left Blue Oyster Cult (they wouldn't be BOC without a "stun guitar") and Joe Bouchard was the original drummer (and original vocalist on "City On Flames..."). Drummer Jules Radino joined in 2004. I think he is Joe's third (fourth?) replacement.
Yeah for some reason in the credits they said Bloom "rejoined" BOC. I didn't think anything of it at the time because to be honest I have not followed them that closely in years.
But thanks for the facts on the lineup!

Big Big Train Reflectors Of Light, Tears For Fears The Hurting (stereo) BR and I ordered the following from the Sono Luminus sale: Zelenka: The Capriccios, American Aggregate, Sprung Rhythm, Americana, Touch

Back