MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yello - "Live In Berlin" Blu Ray 4.1 DTS HD MA

View attachment 40234

Best known for the song "Oh Yeah" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - this Swiss Electro Pop duo has been around for over 35 years and with one or two exceptions has never performed live. In 2017 they reunited with a full band (vocalists. percussion, guitars, horns, etc) at the Kraftwerk in Berlin - a decommissioned power station - a massive and dramatic venue. Stunning visually with an excellent and active 4.1 live surround mix. Here's a little sample;

Well, as I've mentioned elsewhere my neighbors are 20 years my senior & 1st generation Germans. When I became married & moved into my house they had two daughters in high school. Time marched on & U became a doctor, married & had a family in Boston. But when the Berlin Wall fell, the other one, K, went to live in Berlin with her husband happily ever after, at least for a good while.

Last December 2020 due to significant parental health issues, K came home for a bit. Making the usual courtesy talk, despite COVID but taking precautions I asked her & husband to come over & enjoy a concert from Berlin. Now she is accomplished at the flute, her dad was quite the pianist, her sister played the violin, & her mom was, I guess the family manager. Very classical oriented family. The performance was Yello- Live in Berlin. Both of them had seen other concerts at the Kraftwerk Berlin. They seemed to really love the Bassment performance, saying multiple time "I've heard that song!"

Damn after all these years chasing audio/video performance & always wanting to share it, this was the best.

Well, as I've mentioned elsewhere my neighbors are 20 years my senior & 1st generation Germans. When I became married & moved into my house they had two daughters in high school. Time marched on & U became a doctor, married & had a family in Boston. But when the Berlin Wall fell, the other one, K, went to live in Berlin with her husband happily ever after, at least for a good while.

Last December 2020 due to significant parental health issues, K came home for a bit. Making the usual courtesy talk, despite COVID but taking precautions I asked her & husband to come over & enjoy a concert from Berlin. Now she is accomplished at the flute, her dad was quite the pianist, her sister played the violin, & her mom was, I guess the family manager. Very classical oriented family. The performance was Yello- Live in Berlin. Both of them had seen other concerts at the Kraftwerk Berlin. They seemed to really love the Bassment performance, saying multiple time "I've heard that song!"

Damn after all these years chasing audio/video performance & always wanting to share it, this was the best.

Lovely story, SW. Yes, Great video and audio does have the benefit of tearing down OLD walls and replacing them with Floral Treasles!

Talking Heads “Stop Making Sense” Second Sight Blu-ray. I’ve had the DVD for many years and always enjoyed it. But had to get the Second Sight Blu-Ray for the improved video quality and the dts-HD Master Audio. One of my all time favorites.
FF859DF2-7BB2-4B20-B2EA-CEBECD92CA08.jpeg

A surprise addition to the collection: my folks gave me a sealed copy of the Abbey Road 50th Anniversary box, for my birthday. :D Now I just need the elusive (+ expensive 💰) White Album box.....

Alice Cooper DETROIT STORIES [DVD~V DTS 4.1 and Alice's Brand New album on RBCD]. A SPECTACULAR 90 minute concert with Alice in fine form but those expecting a DISCRETE mix ....... NAY. Also available in a limited edition box set with the DVD replaced with a BD~V, 3 stickers and an XL Tee Shirt. IMO, the sonics/video may be better on the BD~V but seriously, folks, there's NOTHING coming out of the rears. Still a great deal at AmazonUS' asking price of $14.99 for the DVD/RBCD set!

611wY24yHuL._SL1493_.jpg

Detroit Stories (Limited CD+DVD)

Last edited:
Just arrived from Deutschland: Yello, Point and Tears for Fears, The Seeds of Love.

An observation related to the perennial kvetching about cracked and broken cases with Dutton-Vocalion's international shipping: I know that transatlantic shipping rates now vary wildly, even capriciously, because of the pandemic, privatization, reduced flights (and cargo space), and changes to various international postal conventions. But I still don't understand how JPC does it so cheaply. Shipping to the US for these two items was a little over 6 Euros, and the shipment arrived in just 10 days.

When the package was delivered, though, I was a little fearful, as the box had been punctured and slightly caved in on one end, then repaired with some plastic strapping. But my fears were for naught: the package was shoebox-sized, and the goods inside were still surrounded with at least two inches of (biodegradable) packing peanuts on all sides. Moreover, the TFF set was also encased in its own dual-layered sturdy cardboard box. No chance of a cracked case there...

Hopefully a good listen for you uberT; some of the BGM stuff I have, I don't recall being very discrete IIRC :unsure:
Let us know K?
And what's this 2222+ stuff anyways?
Their 2+2+2 system is 2 front, 2 front height, 2 rear. 2222+ is the same but with rear height as well. If someone has a 5.4.1 system that would go really well with this. Frankly, I have a 7.1 system and I'm not all that motivated to add height channels, so the effect may be diminished. But I'll find out I guess.

A Bad Think - lifelike BDA
Stereo and 5.1 mix by Bob Clearmountain.
Atmos mix by Dave Way & Steve Genewick.
Most of the rear speaker content does not have a lot of stand out discrete action.... but seems designed to compliment the front & front/high speakers. Yet the sound is very good. (my system is 5.1.2)

Oh, almost forgot (well I did forget for a moment) Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years Of Fleetwood Mac.
The content is very good. I got so caught up in hearing all the artists' renditions of Peter Green songs I honestly did not pay any special heed to the surround characteristics.
Love those old songs. Still got my original "Then Play On" LP. David Gilmour does a rendtion of "Oh Well" IIRC. Need time for another listen or two.

Back