MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220112_183433.jpg

A Dolby Atmos exclusives from jpc.de! Not listened yet, but have a strong feeling these are excellent immersive sound albums. I was shocked when I learned that the band called Post Scriptum Jazz is from my country (Belarus), and they are going to release an album in immersive sound formats mixed at MSM Studios! So it was an instant buy. :LB

Three new acquisitions:

BD 1.12.22.jpg

I was happy with the old DVD edition of Grey & Pink - but when a Blu-Ray separated from the recent mega box came up at a fairly-low price, I just couldn't say no. Even if I can't perceive any sort of sonic upgrade, the authoring has definitely been improved. All these years later, I still think it holds up as one of SW's best 5.1 mixes - "Nine Feet Underground" is killer.

Hypnotic Eye - Tom Petty & Heartbreakers

Nothing special about surround effect on the Hendrix concerts added to doc. Doc has had both raves and boos for content. I like the doc and think it's one of the best Hendrix docs. I like the performance on the bonus stuff, fidelity pretty good for late '60's.

Thanks for your insights on the Hendrix set Q Linda.

81tWizrpsEL._SL1200_.jpg

Rock Hall Of Fame nominee and revered musician/producer/songwriter performs a very special live concert featuring the entirety of his classic 1973 album A Wizard A True Star!Recorded 2009 in Akron OH, this special multi-media package has never been made available publically in this format with both crystal clear DVD as well as audio CD Packaged in a slick six-panel digipak with 2 trays! From CLEOPATRA Records.

Last edited:
Soundtrack Of The American Soldier
IMG_20220516_164705.jpg

5.1 is great.
Atmos is not so much.

Overheads/ceiling speakers only have room mics, nothing discrete. Ordered from Amazon.com to UK, cost me £37 total.

My copy arrived today.

Second run through.

First on Dolby Atmos, now on DTS 5.1.

Enjoying it !!

yes! 😛 its great! 🎉 i actually almost prefer it to the old stuff (blasphemy, i know! 🤦‍♀️🤣) and the mix is nice and active and immersive surround-wise.

listened to the Atmos twice already (once on Apple Music and once on the SDE Blu-ray, Apple's Vn. felt louder but not sure i could tell much else different?!) and flicked through the DTS HD MA 5.1 on the BD. all good fun, although i preferred the Atmos to the 5.1, there was a whispy height-y ambience on Track 2 in the Atmos felt kinda missing from the 5.1.

a triumph that ticks all the boxes (and its not in a box set!) cool new music, standalone Lossless Hi-Res Surround disc release, nice Surround mixes.. and a win-win for the physical buyers among us and also those who prefer to stream instead. i feel a "QQ 10" coming on! 🥳

yes! 😛 its great! 🎉 i actually almost prefer it to the old stuff (blasphemy, i know! 🤦‍♀️🤣) and the mix is nice and active and immersive surround-wise.

listened to the Atmos twice already (once on Apple Music and once on the SDE Blu-ray, Apple's Vn. felt louder but not sure i could tell much else different?!) and flicked through the DTS HD MA 5.1 on the BD. all good fun, although i preferred the Atmos to the 5.1, there was a whispy height-y ambience on Track 2 in the Atmos felt kinda missing from the 5.1.

a triumph that ticks all the boxes (and its not in a box set!) cool new music, standalone Lossless Hi-Res Surround disc release, nice Surround mixes.. and a win-win for the physical buyers among us and also those who prefer to stream instead. i feel a "QQ 10" coming on! 🥳
Adam, sounds like you’ve given it a standing O!

Back