MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven Wilson-Get all you deserve DVD-V...
you know,? I thought DTS-HD Master Audio was for BluRay Only...yet this DVD has the logo in the back...weird ,huh? ...or am I just repeating something that has been mentioned in this forum?

Talk Talk - Live in Montreux 1986

51PG9LeWxRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What a brilliant performance..have always loved this band but never got to see them live. when i found this dvd i was thrilled to pieces. such an incredible band and so wished i had seen them live just once.

This DVD comes with a very nice 5.1 DTS ..highly recommended

Gotta stop going to the "Corte Inglés" DVD, CD, LP section since I ALWAYS come out with something...they had both of these on sale for 7.99 EUR each...couldn't help myself!

51VglD65iWL.jpg
with a 5.1 Dullbee mix by Eddie Kramer...I'm not holding my breath,,,will report later

51cv1s4uz9L.jpg

Another 5.1 mix..this time in Dullbee AND DTS...not holding my breath either will report later.

BTW, my CRT TV finally conked out...the tuner went crazy!!! So I can't watch these in Surround...for now...

Gotta stop going to the "Corte Inglés" DVD, CD, LP section since I ALWAYS come out with something...they had both of these on sale for 7.99 EUR each...couldn't help myself!

View attachment 10179
with a 5.1 Dullbee mix by Eddie Kramer...I'm not holding my breath,,,will report later

As I mentioned...don't hold your breath...
Why do they insist on doing a 5.1 when only the audience and "reverb" are in the rears???

5.1 mix is a "0"

Why do they insist on doing a 5.1 when only the audience and "reverb" are in the rears???

Because, invariably, when you go to see a concert, the PA is up front and the audience behind you, with the PA reverberating around the auditorium. I imagine most mixing engineers on concert DVD's have a remit of re-creating the sound from the event, most likely from the perspective of the sound desk which is usually placed somewhere in the middle.

Because, invariably, when you go to see a concert, the PA is up front and the audience behind you, with the PA reverberating around the auditorium. I imagine most mixing engineers on concert DVD's have a remit of re-creating the sound from the event, most likely from the perspective of the sound desk which is usually placed somewhere in the middle.

True...almost all of the concerts in the last years, I have stood in FRONT, right on first row(and man it was almost surround!), and even when you stand just a bit back, the PA's panning would be at about 10 o'clock/2 o'clock....

View attachment 10180

Another 5.1 mix..this time in Dullbee AND DTS...not holding my breath either will report later.

Well, this one has some elements in the rears in some songs...vocals here and there, the synth sequencer in Baba O'Reilly, etc. (Obviously , on the Kilburn gig, the other one has pretty bad sound quality...),
so I'd give the mix a ...5/10

Frank Zappa "A Token Of His Extreme (PCM Stereo)
zappaQQ.jpg

Laurence Juber "Catch LJ Live!" (Dolby 5.1 - Solo Guitar)
lj liveqq.jpg

Paul Van Dyk "Global" (DTS and Dolby 5.1)
pvd globalqq.jpg

Picture quality is good for a 1970 film, obviously it was professionally shot. Audio quality is decent, but not audiophile. There are a few audio glitches. Performances are, well, what do you think? Some really great stuff. The groups most people don't know are pretty damn good: Cuby & the Blizzards, Quintessence & East of Eden are all good. Of course Santana, Canned Heat (w/Alan Wilson), Chicago's own Flock (w/Jerry Goodman), Floyd, Beautiful Day, Soft Machine & Airplane are all great. Herbal hookahs and lots of bare breasts are added bonuses. I found it at my local record store: http://www.rollingstonesmusic.com You NEED it!!
rollingstonesexterior.jpg
rolling_stones.jpg

The record label also has its' own websites: www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk (Worldwide)
www.gonzomultimedia.com (US)

Wow- that's quite a line-up. Very intriguing- where the heck did you find that? Hope you'll give us a review- esp. the video.

The Dutch Woodstock (Holland pop '70) UK DVD & 2 CD

This has been released several times before under the name "Stamping Ground" here in Europe.

There was even a documentary ten or fifteen years ago on dutch television about this festival in Rotterdam I managed to tape.

-Kristian

Deep Purple Machine head 40th annniversary Box Set with DTS Quad mix...TRUNCATED AT 20 K!!!!! another MEWtilation, sooo hold on to your SACDs!!!
"When a blind man cries" spectrum at 96/24 from the DTS DVD
DP WAMBC.jpg

Back