Music streaming on Apple Music in 5.1 (Dolby Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone please CLUE ME IN ON THIS……are the DOLBY ENCODED albums just HI REZ or 5.1 or 4.0 QUAD or what? I’m seeing Jeff Beck Group as well as Edgar Winter titles as well….Thanks

they are lossy surround streaming renditions of old Quads or 5.1 mixes and very nice they all are too, including those Argent, Azteca & Burton Cummings Quad mixes, both Blue Öyster Cult Quads and the 5.1 Agents Of Fortune SACD mix, Jeff Beck's Rough & Ready Quad and all the Edgar Winter Quads (They Only Come Out At Night, Shock Treatment, Edgar Winter Group W/Rick Derringer, bar White Trash with Jerry LaCroix, the Quad of which was never officially released anyway), both Deodato Quads, Airto's Fingers.. i could go on! 💅✌️

I specifically want anything in MULTI-CHANNEL but let’s give every CODEX if that is the right term it’s own specific thread ….. that would help greatly👍😁

never mind Bonnie Koloc here's the Codex Pistols! 🤣🤩

more seriously, i think things are a bit too granular around here tbh with threads for every format, codec and off-shoot known (and unknown!) to man (and woman!) and could perhaps do with a bit of streamlining.
especially useful for newcomers and newbies etc.

they are lossy surround streaming renditions of old Quads or 5.1 mixes and very nice they all are too, including those Argent, Azteca & Burton Cummings Quad mixes, both Blue Öyster Cult Quads and the 5.1 Agents Of Fortune SACD mix, Jeff Beck's Rough & Ready Quad and all the Edgar Winter Quads (They Only Come Out At Night, Shock Treatment, Edgar Winter Group W/Rick Derringer, bar White Trash with Jerry LaCroix, the Quad of which was never officially released anyway), both Deodato Quads, Airto's Fingers.. i could go on! 💅
Thanks for this….. I had/have no clue about these streaming titles until I came across this thread this morning by mistake….EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A MISTAKE ….. SO GLAD I FOUND IT:51QQ:rocks:QQlove:dance:hi:bowing::phones

never mind Bonnie Koloc here's the Codex Pistols! 🤣🤩

more seriously, i think things are a bit too granular around here tbh with threads for every format, codec and off-shoot known (and unknown!) to man (and woman!) and could perhaps do with a bit of streamlining.
especially useful for newcomers and newbies etc.
Understood…..then what I suggest when members post updates on new streaming titles they find that beside every title they put in the FORMAT/CODEX as well😁👍…… listening to AC….HEY STOOOPID as I post this post!! 😂

Last edited:
Thanks for this….. I had/have no clue about these streaming titles until I came across this thread this morning by mistake….EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A MISTAKE ….. SO GLAD I FOUND IT:51QQ:rocks:QQlove:dance:hi:bowing::phones
Remember the Atmos stuff on Apple Music is just streamed at 7.1 24/48 PCM with the Atmos metadata embedded. The old 5.1 and quad stuff is basically the same except it’s 5.1 rather than 7.1 (and no metadata needed). It’s nothing special or groundbreaking from a technical standpoint.

As for seeing the vaults opening, I think we’ll see the usual suspects and a few odd ones - and then it will be a slow trickle after that.

A long time ago, when Apple still sold servers and produced a specific version of macOS called Mac OS X Server, you could legally run that in a virtual machine (assuming you bought the OS). Today, I don't think it's legal to run macOS in a virtual machine, and therefore probably not possible using off-the-shelf virtual machine software from the big companies. I'm sure it's technically possible—after all, people have been building hackintoshes for years now—but good luck making it work.

I run an older version of MacOS in a virtual machine using Parallels and they openly promote the ability to do so. I'm sure there is no legal reason against it.

Back