My barely new batteries exploded in the remote...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, the Dura..brand
2 AAA in the Marantz remote..
question..can I s... take Leg*l action???

Lucky it wasn't your Iphone, KAP!

See the source image
"SORRY, WRONG NUMBER!"

yup, the Dura..brand
2 AAA in the Marantz remote..
question..can I s... take Leg*l action???
Got a pic of the exploded battery?

I bought a Blu-ray player that came with questionable AAA's and the name of the brand was "Leke Cell". Yep, leaky cell batteries. One of them was bent. Actually bent. They went in the bin.

I feel your pain, Kap. For literally decades I refused to buy Energizer batteries because I was so sick and tired of that stupid goddamn rabbit. But I can't count the number of devices I've had ruined by leaky Duracells. I finally switched back to Energizers around 5 years ago, and so far I've had much better luck with them (anecdotally, of course). :geek:

Those Duracell batteries are 'guaranteed' to last 10 years. Yeah, right. I have an inexpensive POLAROID TV Monitor to display the menus of my DVD~A and BD~A discs and for some reason the two AAA Duracell's I have put in the remote have leaked TWICE.

As Jim the Oldbie suggests: back to that silly Energizer Bunny!

See the source image

"I'M HERE, HONEY BUNNY!"

See the source image

Last edited:
Last edited:
My day job is repairing scientific gear. One of the grad stoonts brought me four Extech (reasonably priced measurement tools) sound pressure level meters. That had battery leaks. I asked "Are you using cheapo Amazon batteries" Yes. I said quit doing that. Penny wise pound foolish.

its crazy how many crappy bits of equipment there are around these days!! i follow a guy on YouTube who tests electrical equipment and comments on the safety of these products and he finds a lot of dangerous cheap imported rubbish that would never/should never pass the UK safety standards.

on a related note i had a slightly scary experience with my last iPhone, i was talking on it and it seemed like the phone was getting warmer than usual.. within minutes i could feel the phone kinda "moving" in my hand and before i knew it the battery was literally expanding before my eyes out of the now-bulging case!!!! 🤯

i know we all love our tech here but we gotta take care with it or we will never live to see the next generation of Surround music delivery format (that's doomed to failure like all the others!) stay safe my fellow Surround Heads! 😉 👍

its crazy how many crappy bits of equipment there are around these days!! i follow a guy on YouTube who tests electrical equipment and comments on the safety of these products and he finds a lot of dangerous cheap imported rubbish that would never/should never pass the UK safety standards.

on a related note i had a slightly scary experience with my last iPhone, i was talking on it and it seemed like the phone was getting warmer than usual.. within minutes i could feel the phone kinda "moving" in my hand and before i knew it the battery was literally expanding before my eyes out of the now-bulging case!!!! 🤯

i know we all love our tech here but we gotta take care with it or we will never live to see the next generation of Surround music delivery format (that's doomed to failure like all the others!) stay safe my fellow Surround Heads! 😉 👍

Sometimes the smallest part can scrap equipment...like an inexpensive part that can derail a billion dollar space shuttleo_O

Back