My Best Buy story

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Now if the title doesn't get your attention....

I'll try to keep the story brief and clear to understand...

So, I bought my mom a new 58" Samsung TV. She's in her upper 80's and basically cluseless how to choose, etc. She had a 40" that was ancient. I was able to go online, at Best Buy and chose a TV that was on sale. Used Paypal to pay for it, chose store pickup.

I received an email the next day saying the TV was ready for pickup (and I noticed my PP account had been charged). I was super busy with work, so I actually went 2 days later and parked in the designated spot which had a sign with a number. I go to my BB email, select the box that says "I'm at the store", blah, blah. Within 15 minutes, out comes a young man with the TV. He asks for my code, which was within my email.... MATCH! So, in the truck the TV goes.

Now, again, I'm busy at work...but manage to take the TV to my mom's house and got it all set up.

About 3-4 days after this, I receive an email from BB saying I need to come pick up the TV or they'll cancel the order. I assumed it was a stupid glitch and ignored the email. Couple more days pass and I get another email from BB saying they canceled the order and refunded my PP account. I"m like, huh? I responded to the email and said, Please do not refund the money, I have the TV.

Again, super busy at work, didn't even think about it any more. 2 days ago, I get a call from local BB. Store manager asking if I picked up a TV...I tell him the story...he says they goofed and didn't properly document that I picked it up. He asked if I would please come to the store and pay for it. I said, OK...even though it's out of town and not convenient at all.

That night, I was browsing BB site and noticed a chat option. I talked with a young gal, explained the situation and she located the order. I said, it's not convenient for me to go to the store....and....by using PP, I was getting 6 months no interest. She said, no worries, I can send it back through using your original payment method and it's all good.

Again, super busy with work....not checking PP account, etc. I get an email from BB saying they couldn't charge my PP account because "the order has been canceled" I respond and say, look. I was told all was OK, it's not convenient for me to drive to the store. They respond back and say. OK, you can either just keep the TV, or please bring it back.

Huh? Bring it back? My mom lives 80 miles away, shes's been using it for 2 weeks now I think. Boxes have been burned. I responded back and said, I really want to pay for the TV, does it have to be so complicated? I said, the manager said I could come in and pay for it...I'm like, what does it matter if I pay in store with a credit card, or pay online with PP? I'm pissed a this point.

I haven't heard back yet.

Here's an idea...why don't you go online and buy the same TV again, and pay via Paypal. The manager can then just mark it down as picked up but keep the TV in stock. That way you've paid, and their inventory is fixed.

Now if the title doesn't get your attention....

I'll try to keep the story brief and clear to understand...

So, I bought my mom a new 58" Samsung TV. She's in her upper 80's and basically cluseless how to choose, etc. She had a 40" that was ancient. I was able to go online, at Best Buy and chose a TV that was on sale. Used Paypal to pay for it, chose store pickup.

I received an email the next day saying the TV was ready for pickup (and I noticed my PP account had been charged). I was super busy with work, so I actually went 2 days later and parked in the designated spot which had a sign with a number. I go to my BB email, select the box that says "I'm at the store", blah, blah. Within 15 minutes, out comes a young man with the TV. He asks for my code, which was within my email.... MATCH! So, in the truck the TV goes.

Now, again, I'm busy at work...but manage to take the TV to my mom's house and got it all set up.

About 3-4 days after this, I receive an email from BB saying I need to come pick up the TV or they'll cancel the order. I assumed it was a stupid glitch and ignored the email. Couple more days pass and I get another email from BB saying they canceled the order and refunded my PP account. I"m like, huh? I responded to the email and said, Please do not refund the money, I have the TV.

Again, super busy at work, didn't even think about it any more. 2 days ago, I get a call from local BB. Store manager asking if I picked up a TV...I tell him the story...he says they goofed and didn't properly document that I picked it up. He asked if I would please come to the store and pay for it. I said, OK...even though it's out of town and not convenient at all.

That night, I was browsing BB site and noticed a chat option. I talked with a young gal, explained the situation and she located the order. I said, it's not convenient for me to go to the store....and....by using PP, I was getting 6 months no interest. She said, no worries, I can send it back through using your original payment method and it's all good.

Again, super busy with work....not checking PP account, etc. I get an email from BB saying they couldn't charge my PP account because "the order has been canceled" I respond and say, look. I was told all was OK, it's not convenient for me to drive to the store. They respond back and say. OK, you can either just keep the TV, or please bring it back.

Huh? Bring it back? My mom lives 80 miles away, shes's been using it for 2 weeks now I think. Boxes have been burned. I responded back and said, I really want to pay for the TV, does it have to be so complicated? I said, the manager said I could come in and pay for it...I'm like, what does it matter if I pay in store with a credit card, or pay online with PP? I'm pissed a this point.

I haven't heard back yet.
Well, how did this turn out???

Here's an idea...why don't you go online and buy the same TV again, and pay via Paypal. The manager can then just mark it down as picked up but keep the TV in stock. That way you've paid, and their inventory is fixed.
Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. So, oddly enough, I did exactly what @MCDave suggested....and the manager said I could do that. And, that's what I did. Worked out.

Back