• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

My DVD-A Project - Original material

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Here is my thought on format(s) for this album, at this time:

For DVD-A, listeners need a special player in order to access the hi-res tracks. Now, many QQers do have some kind of DVD-A player. I hope there will be pretty decent QQ interest in this album, but I try to be a realist too. I'm not famous and I know the biggest draw for surround albums is for famous titles. I will be very happy with a very modest response to the album. I just hope that people who genuinely want to hear it somehow find out about it and get a chance to hear it. So, I'm not ruling out creating a DVD-A disc or ISO, at the very least.

Now AVCHD-DVD. Easy to burn, auto-plays in uncompressed HD, easy to create, plays in many players. I could send burns out to my friends and family and probably 50% of those folks could play it. If I sent out a DVD-A probably 0% of those folks could play it, at least not in HD.

Bluray proper, now I could offer 5.1 and 2.0 on the same disc and most people would be able to access the one they prefer in uncompressed HD. Maybe I could even fit the 4.0 and 4.1 mixes on there. I know the ISO is big, but maybe a few folks would bite the bullet and download. I could take a financial risk and print/press a bunch. Or maybe I could offer a burned disc mailed to the buyer, directly from me. The challenge would be authoring.

OdysseyMusik

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Thank you to all who sent PMs yesterday. I look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Please feel free to PM or post.
If there is anybody out there who can test a ACVHD-DVD on a Playstation and/or DVD player, I'm very curious to know if it will work.
Hi! Great work! It works fine on my PlayStation3!
Let me know if want to sell the iso-file on Surroundmusic.one:smokin