My first Dual Disc : Blondie - here it goes...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesper

Since 2002/2003
I just got my copy yesterday.

I work as part time salesman in our local hi fi shop so I checked the disc out in a few players.

All the DVD players I tried the disc work as it should on the dvd side. For ex. Denon DVD 2910 did have a problem with the cd side. I only tried it once, but the disc skipped..

I tried few cd players and it works as it should - and in my car.. :)

Then I tried the disc in my pc and it works very well. I connected my wma portable player with usb 2.0 and copied the songs in no time to my portable player. It was very easy.

For the quality of the disc - Blondie : The Curse Of Blondie, I like it. I haven't heard anything from Blondie in years.

5.1 mix (DVD Audio) is done very well. However I need more time to get into all the songs, but it's my taste.. :sun

Tomorrow I will recive NIN and I will buy more Dual Disc for sure..

Denon is pretty consistent in not being able to play the CD side. No real reason to play that side anyway, but makes me wonder what else is wrong with the Denon machines.

It's funny you say that, many people are wondering why they paid a lot of money and the player even't play DVD -R very well. I have heard that song thousand of times!

Just a quick note: I have a Denon 3800 (Google it for a laundry list of problems) which has had quite a few issues identifying certain - ususally older - CD's. Whirrs around for a bit then displays 0M 00S for the running time of the disc. Oddly enough - NO problem at all with either side of NIN dualdisc. Color me surprised... I encountered none of the loading, track selection, playback problems others have had with Denon & other machines.

The CD side of my American Beauty Dualdisc will not play on either my Denon 3910 or my Sony 755.

Back to the topic of Blondie...

I'm listening to "The Curse of Blondie" DualDisc as I type this. I am utterly floored at how good this disc sounds! I've actually had it for a few months and just now got around listening to it. I seriously did not expect much from this for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it's a (shudder) Silverline/Sanctuary release and Blondie ain't exactly what you'd call a fresh act.

I am so glad to have my low expectations blown away. This disc kicks ass! The music is consistently excellent and the surround mix is awesome! As an added bonus, this DualDisc actually delivers a hi-rez 24/48 surround track.

Highly recommended! (y)

Cai Campbell said:
Back to the topic of Blondie...

I'm listening to "The Curse of Blondie" DualDisc as I type this. I am utterly floored at how good this disc sounds! I've actually had it for a few months and just now got around listening to it. I seriously did not expect much from this for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it's a (shudder) Silverline/Sanctuary release and Blondie ain't exactly what you'd call a fresh act.

I am so glad to have my low expectations blown away. This disc kicks ass! The music is consistently excellent and the surround mix is awesome! As an added bonus, this DualDisc actually delivers a hi-rez 24/48 surround track.

Highly recommended! (y)

Does this disc have a folder of "Dolby Headphone" mp3s?

Back