My Latest Demo (running list)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These songs could end up in Quad, 5.1, Atmos, or whatever!
And your feedback could help drive and shape my next album.
😎
Well, I like two of them!

While I don’t have an artistically creative bone in my body, I know someone who does. I’ve linked her stuff here before, and I’ll do it again. www.catharinebeck.com has her contact info, and she has posted her music on youtube.

She’s an old friend who was always musical, and has released her own CD with remarkable production values. I’m thinking you two might work well together.

Well, "I Invite the End" is pretty depressing and repetitious. But the depressing part is overwhelming. "That Dope" is hard for me to evaluate. The background rhythm section is a bit overdone, and the chords that come over it are atmospheric, so it's not super exciting, but OK. The other two, I like.

Well, "I Invite the End" is pretty depressing and repetitious. But the depressing part is overwhelming. "That Dope" is hard for me to evaluate. The background rhythm section is a bit overdone, and the chords that come over it are atmospheric, so it's not super exciting, but OK. The other two, I like.
Feedback noted and appreciated!
You never know where these demos are going to go.
I already have potential collaborators pitching ideas for adding to various demos. Trying something different, etc.
That's part of the point of sharing demos while they're in the demo stage.

Feedback noted and appreciated!
You never know where these demos are going to go.
I already have potential collaborators pitching ideas for adding to various demos. Trying something different, etc.
That's part of the point of sharing demos while they're in the demo stage.
Of course, when it comes to music, there just ain’t no accountin’ fer some folks’ tastes, which means that there are artists (I use the word generously) that I can’t tolerate that other people think are absolutely marvellous. I’ll refrain from names to avoid dethreading the thread. Some people even like inner groove distortion and clipping. Go figure.

But back on topic, while I appreciate the opportunity to chime in, my tastes shouldn’t weigh too heavily on your artistry. “You can’t please everyone, so you’ve got to please yourself.”

Of course, when it comes to music, there just ain’t no accountin’ fer some folks’ tastes, which means that there are artists (I use the word generously) that I can’t tolerate that other people think are absolutely marvellous. I’ll refrain from names to avoid dethreading the thread. Some people even like inner groove distortion and clipping. Go figure.

But back on topic, while I appreciate the opportunity to chime in, my tastes shouldn’t weigh too heavily on your artistry. “You can’t please everyone, so you’ve got to please yourself.”
Yeah, I'm finding there can be a balance between just doing what you want, artistically, musically and vibing off of feedback.
I think both are important. There would be fewer crappy records from established artists if they'd check their egos and listen to criticism or suggestions again.
A few months ago, did I think I'd write a synthpop/trip hop piece (that dope)? Hell no.
I've been working on heavy rock/metal pieces.

Yet, suddenly, an idea will pop up. And creating a piece feels easy, simple and just plain good. I think those spontaneous tracks have value. Maybe as a final piece. Maybe as a springboard for collaboration. Maybe as a small part of something bigger?

Back