My PC no longer can Read BR50's or DVD-9's as the size disk they are they are read as BR-25's and DVD5's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffko

Jeffko!
Since 2002/2003
I have got a new burner, tried multiple programs.

Is there a windows setting for this?

I have written to Nero and ImgBurn -- talked to my PC guru's -- no help. Anyone else ever see this?

I have got a new burner, tried multiple programs.

Is there a windows setting for this?

I have written to Nero and ImgBurn -- talked to my PC guru's -- no help. Anyone else ever see this?
So this followed installing the new bluray drive?

I would say it's on the drive manufacturer to deliver. If they say certain OS's are compatible, that should be that. Those app makers aren't on the hook for that and wouldn't have any advice beyond "Is the drive compatible with your OS?"

The bluray drive manufacturer will specify compatible OS's and compatible BDR discs.
BRD (like any recordable disc) has an identifier readable by the burner. If a burner sees something it doesn't recognize, it may get confused and think it's a different disc.

I'm not a Windows user but my understanding was they were up to speed with bluray support. It's not supposed to be a Mac only thing anymore.

I'd look at the drive makers compatibility and spec and take it up with them.

I had the same problem with both the new and the old drive. The only thing that is different is that before I insert a blank BR disc I now have 4 choices instead of 2 and 2 burners where i do not have access to burning discs the way they are intended
2020-BD Choices.png

Are they connected via USB? I had issues with early Windows 10 Home & my Blu-ray burner after an update (it wouldn't recognise the burner), I ended up disconnecting it, deleting the Windows driver, then re-connecting it and it came to life.

Yup, sounds like a driver issue. Delete the driver(s), disconnect the device, power off everything, and start fresh install.

Back