• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My small collection of retro designs on Shirts, phone covers, posters, etc.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few KQIV ones.

This would make a GREAT T-shirt....

Rockin_in_Quad-KQIV_Poster.jpg

This was one of their bumper stickers back in the day. Would be cool to have it in other colors.

KQIV_Bumper_Sticker.jpg

KQIV 107 no longer operates and hasn't since.... 1975, 1976? Somewhere back there.

93 KHJ was Los Angeles' big-time radio station from 1965 to 1980. As far as I can tell, the frequency (930AM and sister FM station) still broadcast, but the original ownership has long since lapsed. They had dozens of graphics which you can still find if you do a cursory Google search. Here's a few I have:

93KHJ_Boss_30.jpg

93khj_in_LA.png

93khj_sm_2.jpg

93khj_sm.jpg

multi_color_93KHJ.jpg

If you could do any of these (especially the KQIV ones) I might just become your best customer! Not only would I love some shirts, but I want to dress my AMC Gremlin up with vintage window stickers with old-school radio stations on the back window. Will go along awesome with the Craig Quadraphonic 8-track deck and FM converter. I do have a reproduction NIXON/AGNEW sticker that'll also be going on the bumper! :)

I have a few KQIV ones.

This would make a GREAT T-shirt....

View attachment 65059

This was one of their bumper stickers back in the day. Would be cool to have it in other colors.

View attachment 65060

KQIV 107 no longer operates and hasn't since.... 1975, 1976? Somewhere back there.

93 KHJ was Los Angeles' big-time radio station from 1965 to 1980. As far as I can tell, the frequency (930AM and sister FM station) still broadcast, but the original ownership has long since lapsed. They had dozens of graphics which you can still find if you do a cursory Google search. Here's a few I have:

View attachment 65061

View attachment 65062

View attachment 65063

View attachment 65064

View attachment 65065

If you could do any of these (especially the KQIV ones) I might just become your best customer! Not only would I love some shirts, but I want to dress my AMC Gremlin up with vintage window stickers with old-school radio stations on the back window. Will go along awesome with the Craig Quadraphonic 8-track deck and FM converter. I do have a reproduction NIXON/AGNEW sticker that'll also be going on the bumper! :)
How do you know about KHJ Boss Radio? That's an LA thing.

How do you know about KHJ Boss Radio? That's an LA thing.

Well, if you must know, I do have this fascination with L.A. in the 50's and 60's, and also the movie "Once Upon a time in Hollywood".

Heck if I could find a logo for XERB and the Wolfman, I'd love something like that, too!

Well, if you must know, I do have this fascination with L.A. in the 50's and 60's, and also the movie "Once Upon a time in Hollywood".

Heck if I could find a logo for XERB and the Wolfman, I'd love something like that, too!
KRLA was the station that was KHJ's arch-rival. I have an LP with the logo, just dyin' for a t-shirt print actually.

Did you ever see the two LPs, 2-Record sets Hits Comps from the late 60s, one from KRLA and the other KHJ BOSS30? I had them out the other night making sure I have all the tracks on my music server from these hits collections. They were the teen rage for a summer or two. It's where I learned that Psychotic Reaction and Dirty Water essentially belong together on any comp of the period.

OK, so I HAD to order at least ONE of my designs and I received it today and was ELATED!!!
IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
The print is nice and detailed with very colorful letters, it is DEFINITELY worth it...
I apologize for blowing my own horn but the design is AWESOME, so I can´t wait for you guys who have purchased from my shop to post pics and let me know what you think of the quality...whatever feedback is MORE than welcome...
(the design for this was the COVER of the 2nd book of Don Quixote..a bit tweaked to make it fashionable...great job from the redbubble people!!!, this was the GRAPHIC TSHIRT XL , I am 6ft tall, just as a reference)
DQ TS.JPG

(also plugging our friend Ria's Piccolo Gelateria in Freret St in New Orleans!!!

this one's a repro of the 1st gigs I ever saw in San Juan...Joe Perry Project and BlackJack (Michael Bolotin---BOLTON, Jimmy Haslip, Bruce Kulick)
EASTER ROCK JAM!
ctkr,x2200,front,black-c,250,163,1000,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

Would you be interested in doing t-shirts or bumperstickers using logos from vintage radio stations? Like, 93 KHJ or KQIV in Lake Oswego?

That’s weird seeing any reference to Lake Oswego on this forum. That is where I live and believe me, there is nothing at all that could closely be described as “rockin’” in the town. Probably the most conformist place that I have ever lived. There are some upsides in that it is clean and orderly which fits well with some of my OCD tendacies.

That’s weird seeing any reference to Lake Oswego on this forum. That is where I live and believe me, there is nothing at all that could closely be described as “rockin’” in the town. Probably the most conformist place that I have ever lived. There are some upsides in that it is clean and orderly which fits well with some of my OCD tendacies.

Could be why the station was so anti-establishment in it's day. They tried to be "Live" 24-hours a day, and purported to be Quadraphonic. Guess they were the right station in the wrong market as KQIV wouldn't see 1976.

Back