My website has evaporated.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More:

I can't seem to get a message to the administrator. or he is not responding. My email system does not report any trouble with the emails. but I get no answers.

What kind of error can affect both email and site access?

Can anyone access the site - sgc-hosting.com/cpanel - enough to get to the sign in page?

I do not have any other contact information (I was relying on reading the site page to have it). Can anyone else see it?

Is it possible that a denial of service attack is happening? The original errors acted like requests were being garbled.

I also have a question on proxies. I remember having to set up a special proxy to handle 6 group IPs (instead of 4-group) because I have Windows XP. But it is not there now. There is a change however - I had a new AT&T modem for fiber optic put in last year. Should I have a special proxy for that?

Like I said, no other websites are giving me trouble.

I went to https://www.sgc-hosting.com/cpanel I got this,

1628521309486.png

Then because I did nothing, this,
1628521201773.png

Attachments

• 1628521151276.png
    1628521151276.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 57
I’m also able to get to the website no problem.

However, as what was mentioned before, it looks like the website hosting is not sold or supported there anymore. They’re only selling domain names and SSL certificates - as I understand it. So they must have kept the old websites, but without any support.

Here’s a 6 year old announcement:
SGC-Hosting CLOSING & Delayed Support
Mar 2015
SGC-Hosting will be powering down all shared/reseller/VPS services on April 18th. Domain name registrations, software licenses, and SSL certificates will remain operational. We will be maintaining our billing/support portal for our domain/software/ssl customers.

Please expect slow response times while we process refunds for our shared/reseller/VPS customers.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Friday, March 13, 2015
« Back

I’m also able to get to the website no problem.

However, as what was mentioned before, it looks like the website hosting is not sold or supported there anymore. They’re only selling domain names and SSL certificates - as I understand it. So they must have kept the old websites, but without any support.

Here’s a 6 year old announcement:
SGC-Hosting CLOSING & Delayed Support
Mar 2015
SGC-Hosting will be powering down all shared/reseller/VPS services on April 18th. Domain name registrations, software licenses, and SSL certificates will remain operational. We will be maintaining our billing/support portal for our domain/software/ssl customers.

Please expect slow response times while we process refunds for our shared/reseller/VPS customers.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Friday, March 13, 2015
« Back

I have known this. I am one of the few free sites they kept on.

Usually they responded promptly to any problems.

I tried the W3C validator on my site. It said the home page was valid. So it can get to the files.

Could any of you do either of the following?

Get me contact information for the site that does not involve me using a computer (e.g. phone or us mail).

or

Tell them that I cannot get through to them because their computer or firewall is blocking me, and also that Cpanel is not letting anyone in.

I’ve a funny feeling SGS-hosting is defunct. Their home page doesn’t seem to have been updated for ages. It looks like a ghost site. Nothing really seems to work. They list no postal address or phone number. Their twitter feed has had no activity for years.

Did you get any results?

I finally got a reply from the sysop. He had been on vacation with no internet access.

He is looking into the problem.

I did forward the ping and tracert info to the email address, but I haven't received a reply yet. Glad to hear he has replied to you, hopefully he got the relevant information I sent and is using that to further investigate.

I have access to my site again. My attempts to get into CPanel caused the firewall to think I was attacking the computer.

I do not have access to CPanel (same issues as before) so I cannot make any changes.

I have access to my site again. My attempts to get into CPanel caused the firewall to think I was attacking the computer.

I do not have access to CPanel (same issues as before) so I cannot make any changes.

Did you want to get in there and change your assessment of CD-4 and say it's the greatest quadraphonic media there is?

:D

Doug

Did you want to get in there and change your assessment of CD-4 and say it's the greatest quadraphonic media there is?

:D

Doug

No.

I have never heard CD-4 operate correctly for very long. Every time I heard CD-4 playing, something happened to ruin the rendition.

Most of these were in audio stores. And most of the problems were from contamination of the record.

But I did set up a CD-4 system at home. My employer (a stereo store) gave me an AT-12 CD-4 pickup, a JVC CD-4 demodulator, a setup disc, and some other records to try. I added low-capacity cables to a PE-2038 changer I have and installed the cartridge. An aux input in each of the two Dynaco PAT-4 preamps was used for the discrete input.

- My first disappointment was that the setup disc had already been contaminated. It was making these snapping-pencil sounds when I first played it. I cleaned the record several times with a Discwasher III and tried again. No difference.

- Then I tried the other records. The same thing happened. I though they were new, but they had been played in the store as stereo.

- The RADAR light was on all the time. It did not flicker as if it were losing signal.

- I had an air purifier running in the room with the quad system, so the air was OK.

- I checked the cartridge installation carefully. Everything was correct. I even tried different vertical angles with the knob on the cartridge slide to rule that out.

- Someone had given me a used copy of the Elvis "Aloha Via Satellite" record. It tried that. It was even worse - a constant barrage of noises.

- Switching the demodulator to 2 ch got rid of all of the noises.

- At that time, my budget would not let me purchase many new records. I used all I had on matrix records and stereo records.

I still have everything but the other records. The store took those back to use in the showroom.

I took the CD-4 system out when I got a receiver with Pro Logic II. It has only one discrete input and I use that for the other matrix decoders.

Has anyone found a way to remove the contamination from the records? I was totally unsuccessful at even reducing the contamination to make the records somewhat listenable.

Or do you have to have an absolutely clean environment and never let anyone else touch the CD-4 stuff and never let the records be played with a stereo stylus to keep the records playable?

If CD-4 is that easy to damage, I can not consider it even remotely to be the "greatest quadraphonic media there is".

Last edited:
No.

I have never heard CD-4 operate correctly for very long. Every time I heard CD-4 playing, something happened to ruin the rendition.

Most of these were in audio stores. And most of the problems were from contamination of the record.

But I did set up a CD-4 system at home. My employer (a stereo store) gave me an AT-12 CD-4 pickup, a
JVC CD-4 demodulator, a setup disc, and some records to try. I added low-capacity cables to a PE-2038 changer and installed the cartridge. An aux input in each of the two Dynaco PAT-4 preamps was used for the discrete input.

- My first disappointment was that the setup disc had already been contaminated. It was making these snapping-pencil sounds when I first played it. I cleaned the record several times with a Discwasher III and tried again. No difference.

- Then I tried the other records. The same thing happened. I though they were new, but they had been played in the store as stereo.

- I had an air purifier running in the room with the stereo, so the air was OK.

- I checked the cartridge installation carefully. Everything was correct. I even tried different vertical
No.

But I did set up a CD-4 system at home. My employer (a stereo store) gave me an AT-12 CD-4 pickup, a JVC CD-4 demodulator, a setup disc, and some other records to try. I added low-capacity cables to a PE-2038 changer I have and installed the cartridge. An aux input in each of the two Dynaco PAT-4 preamps was used for the discrete input.

- The RADAR light was on all the time. It did not flicker as if it were losing signal.

- I had an air purifier running in the room with the quad system, so the air was OK.

- I checked the cartridge installation carefully. Everything was correct. I even tried different vertical angles with the knob on the cartridge slide to rule that out.

- Someone had given me a used copy of the Elvis "Aloha Via Satellite" record. It tried that. It was even worse - a constant barrage of noises.

- Switching the demodulator to 2 ch got rid of all of the noises.

- At that time, my budget would not let me purchase many new records. I used all I had on matrix records and stereo records.

I still have everything but the other records. The store took those back to use in the showroom.

I took the CD-4 system out when I got a receiver with Pro Logic II. It has only one discrete input and I use that for the other matrix decoders.

Has anyone found a way to remove the contamination from the records? I was totally unsuccessful at even reducing the contamination to make the records somewhat listenable.

Or do you have to have an absolutely clean environment and never let anyone else touch the CD-4 stuff and never let the records be played with a stereo stylus to keep the records playable?

If CD-4 is that easy to damage, I can not consider it even remotely to be the "greatest quadraphonic media there is".
Per @Doug G.:
proxy-image.jpeg.jpg

Back