My wish if I were a 30-40+ year old sealed LP - your latest NOS (New Old Stock) / sealed LP you bought

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
thought this would be a quite special thread since we all very rarely (but I think we ALL do) buy these and when we do we feel like we are twisting the time timelines and ohh I LOVE it... but it HAS to be something you REALLY wanted, not just ANY sealed LP....
so today I got The Knack's second LP ... a US New Old Stock and it was a lovely experience!!! I had been wanting to get this on LP for quite a while, definitely a thrill cause it even had a The Knack Fan Club insert in B&W (third pic)!!!

My wish is to be opened and enjoyed after THAT many years sealed in a sleeve... LET ME OUT (to quote Doug, RIP)!!!!

Here are some pics for those of us who are visually oriented. LOL!!!

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Doug G.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Is it the original foil cover version or the later silver-gray cover version? My cousin bought it eight away and got the foil version but I hesitated and mine is the later version. There was no poster in mine. I don't know if there ever was a poster in any of them.

Doug

gene_stl

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
It's the foil version. I am pretty sure there was a poster in the other one that I bought at shortly before. It is possible I am confusing conflating the interior which is like a poster, with an actual poster. But I think there was one. Now that I have a hi rez SACD of it I would sell the unopened LP. I have no notion of what it might be worth.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Is it the original foil cover version or the later silver-gray cover version? My cousin bought it eight away and got the foil version but I hesitated and mine is the later version. There was no poster in mine. I don't know if there ever was a poster in any of them.

Doug
I bought Wheels of Fire the first week it was out. No poster inside the US version.

John Keating - Space Experience (I) US Columbia SQ
bought the Q8 the first week it was out.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just received a sealed version of one of my favorite Tangerine Dream LPs- I recently bought a repressing of Le Parc which sounds awesome!...and the best part is that I did not know that the seller was from the Philly area so my great surprise was finding a round yellow "Sound of Market II /Jamm Sound Inc."(this was later in the 80s when they had a second bigger store) sticker-- it was $7.29 so it was QUITE expensive for the time!!! ..I'd have thought it'd have been pressed on virgin vinyl , but, alas...

Doug G.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Oh man. Thought this was a sealed LP wish list thread.
So many... Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Rush, Van Morrison, Aimee Mann, and so many more.
My latest, favorite sealed purchase? Boston: Don't Look Back!

Mine WAS sealed the day I bought it at a record store in Toronto the day it was released in 1978. I was there on a business trip. I also bought the first album which I somehow neglected to buy over two years. It was sealed, too.

Doug

Doug G.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Any difference Doug, between BS4 2656 and MF 401; and it's listed as Non-music / Field Recording, so it's not music then?

I guess I can't say, with absolute certainty, that the three label versions are identical (there is a Soundbird label version, too) but the track listings (10 of them) are identical among the three versions so I imagine they are the same. My two copies are Warner Brothers.

Mainly non-music but there is some music in "Portobello Road Saturday Morning", the humorous "I Told My Baby With a Ukulele"

It's a fun album to listen to and the tracks with steam locomotives/trains in them are incredible, turned up loud.

Doug

Quad Linda

Staff member
Was in outside sales for over half my career. I've traveled a few places, as well as most of the stores in Chicago and Milwaukee.

Here are a few past OOP ones:
Magazine - Heart 1st pressing, original version ALS Mammoth Music Mart, Skokie
several Liona Boyd Canada only LP's at a record store in Bermuda.
Best of Ramsey Lewis French Vogue (Cadet)
No Deposit, No Return - Tuli Kupferberg (Fugs) Yellow Vinyl Rose Records (RIP)
Sounds Like - Herb Alpert (mono) bought 2ch week it was out
Rock of Ages - Band gatefold long after OOP Crow's Nest - Crest Hill, IL RIP
Eric Burdon & War & 2 LP Black Man's Burden Rose Records
Full Sail - Loggins/Messina SQ sealed til I buy that VPI Scout Have Q8, SQ, SACD Connection - Don Ellis bought orig copy first week out
Spirit of '67 (2ch) & Something Happening- Revere/Raiders got orig 1st week out
Message from a Drum - Redbone SQ had Q8
Tears of Joy - Don Ellis (2 ch) had SQ
Rock & Roll Music 2 LP foil cover - Beatles
Truly Fine Citizen- Moby Grape 2nd copy
Neil Diamond Greatest (Bang) 2ch
Streetlife Serenade & Turnstyles - Billy Joel both SQ
Wow/Grape Jam Moby Grape 2 LP got orig 1st week out
Christmas Album- Paul Revere 33 cents sealed valued into hundreds
Azteca SQ had Q8 & 2ch LP
Rough & Ready - Jeff Beck SQ
Sly Greatest SQ had Q8
Greatest Hits & Rehearsals for Retirement - Phil Ochs LP's bought cass 1st week out
Welcome- Santana 1st pressing SQ (script label w/OBI) had 2ch LP & Q8

More later perhaps

Last edited:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Was in outside sales for over half my career. I've traveled a few places, as well as most of the stores in Chicago and Milwaukee.

Here are a few:
Magazine - Heart 1st pressing, original version ALS Mammoth Music Mart, Skokie
several Liona Boyd Canada only LP's at a record store in Bermuda.
Best of Ramsey Lewis French Vogue (Cadet)
No Deposit, No Return - Tuli Kupferberg (Fugs) Yellow Vinyl Rose Records (RIP)
Sounds Like - Herb Alpert (mono) bought 2ch week it was out
Rock of Ages - Band gatefold long after OOP Crow's Nest - Crest Hill, IL RIP
Eric Burdon & War & 2 LP Black Man's Burden Rose Records
Full Sail - Loggins/Messina SQ sealed til I buy that VPI Scout Have Q8, SQ, SACD Connection - Don Ellis bought orig copy first week out
Spirit of '67 (2ch) & Something Happening- Revere/Raiders got orig 1st week out
Message from a Drum - Redbone SQ had Q8
Tears of Joy - Don Ellis (2 ch) had SQ
Rock & Roll Music 2 LP foil cover - Beatles
Truly Fine Citizen- Moby Grape 2nd copy
Neil Diamond Greatest (Bang) 2ch
Streetlife Serenade & Turnstyles - Billy Joel both SQ
Wow/Grape Jam Moby Grape 2 LP got orig 1st week out
Christmas Album- Paul Revere 33 cents sealed valued into hundreds
Azteca SQ had Q8 & 2ch LP
Rough & Ready - Jeff Beck SQ
Sly Greatest SQ had Q8
Greatest Hits & Rehearsals for Retirement - Phil Ochs LP's bought cass 1st week out
Welcome- Santana 1st pressing SQ (script label w/OBI) had 2ch LP & Q8

More later perhaps
I DID get the Beatles Rock & Roll Foil cover LP when it was released, I was already heavily into them but was still trying to understand their later 60s LPs