[email protected] Album Covers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Snood

Staff member
So....

I'm clueless about all these album covers that contain nudity or other strange meanings.....
So...what gives? What is the story? Why would all these "artists" release LP covers with all the nudity? I mean...nudity wouldn't get too far these days....was it mean't to be a joke? I'd like to be enlightened on the subject....

OK, I totally understand some of them...like The Scorpions and Virgin Killer...I get that one. But most of these older jazz LP's with nudity...I don't get it.

Hipsters man hipsters.......Jazz gotta be hip - Guess nudity back then = hip :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
So....

I'm clueless about all these album covers that contain nudity or other strange meanings.....
So...what gives? What is the story? Why would all these "artists" release LP covers with all the nudity? I mean...nudity wouldn't get too far these days....was it mean't to be a joke? I'd like to be enlightened on the subject....

OK, I totally understand some of them...like The Scorpions and Virgin Killer...I get that one. But most of these older jazz LP's with nudity...I don't get it.

Oh boy...I'm so glad you are taking a vacation...you really need to get out more:spot

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hi. All
No disrespect for the Japanese male but they had a obsession on the European female body on there LP`s Covers, and the fact is I do to! :eek: I don't now if it helped to sell LP`s better probably did?...
Bill....

q3.jpg

Quad Linda

Staff member
Repost of fizzywiggs41's above post:

"MORE SUGAR!"
More Firesign Theatre that is.

This is a book and a data dvd (mp3) containing some 80 hours of THE FIRESIGN THEATRE'S radio show broadcasts.
Syndicated Series such as: Let's Eat,Dear Friends,and The Firesign Theatre Radio Hour Hour.
The book has interesting notes from the four members and bizarre adverts photo clips etc.

View attachment 20249 View attachment 20250