HiRez Poll Nash, Graham - SONGS FOR SURVIVORS [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Graham Nash - SONGS FOR SURVIVORS

• Total voters
Wow. I've just added this one to my collection and I'm surprised it isn't discussed more often - the surround mix is that good. Even better than Songs For Beginners. Graham's vocal is hard in the center channel (with some bleed to the front left and right), the drums and bass are in the front channels, and the rears generally contain harmony vocals and various guitars (usually acoustic, sometimes electric or steel). When the harmony vocals enter from the rears during the chorus of "Blizzard Of Lies", the blend between front and rear is just perfect.

Content-wise, I think Cai nailed it in his review from years ago - the first three tracks are instant classics, but after that there's a fairly long run of slower tracks ("The Chelsea Hotel" through "Pavanne") that sound a bit same-y. One or two more upbeat numbers thrown in there would've made it a bit more interesting IMO.

Solid 9 - highly recommended.

"Blizzard Of Lies":
nash_2.jpg

"Lost Another One"
nash_1.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this thread revived and realized I never have voted. I've had the release for quite some time. sjcorne is so right on with recognizing the lack of .... recognition:ROFLMAO: this release gets.

Not only is it a demo quality mix, it has awesome fidelity as well. Yep, the material is a bit too uneven for my taste, but it will grow on ya.
But its a solid 9.

It would easily be a 10 if I liked the material more.

As Snagulpus says,
open stage left,

Enter =reality. this disc is so good it is scary, hence you right wing rather not hear, dont know how to deal with it folks can not get real world agendas. It deals with the things you can not seem to get, like love peace and forgiveness and corporate insanity.. Sorry but the political world is not understanding the lostness felt by the corporate world mentality being enforced!! Oil is law. And until we get this fact we are doomed to right wing propaganda!!! Oh man it is so easy to see when you can see..
Right wing is so into right ways yet well,,,,,
this is what i think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Obviously there’s no way to really stop a group of people bent on demonizing dissenters by the tireless use of some all-encompassing, Satanic label. When even Nancy Pelosi can be described as a “left-wing torch-thrower” (a small California paper used that term last week), it’s pretty clear the word is more meant as an insult, to describe a fuzzy-headed refusal to accept patriotic orthodoxy, than it is to refer to a concrete set of political beliefs.

But at some point it says something about you if you allow these labels to stick. Either the left is not being very clear about the winning politics that it stands for, or else the word accurately describes a secret willingness to be constantly abused by bigots, a market niche full of bashful subscribers to Total Pussy Weekly. Because nothing else makes the American left look worse; it can’t even change your mind about its name, much less change the world.,
By Matt Taibbi
Republished from Alternet News
Most Americans don't know their right from their left ... wing. The right knows this and leads the manipulation race.

But you are still not looking beyond your soul.
OK, even though it's bygones ago let me just say that the reason I happen to be reading this poll result, 14 1/2 years after the fact, is because I'm considering purchasing this title....
Wow, what about the music, surround mix & fidelity? Doesn't sound like that even matters in your rant..... I guess not!
I think you were at the wrong forum back then.

Last edited:
Back