Need help setting up 7.1 surround system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Out here in the perimeter, way down below the ocea
Not too long ago I purchased a Fosgate 3602 Digital Space Mtrix surround sound process. WOrks great, I got the remote, and I even got the owner's manual and instruction booklet on how to set it up. Cool beans.

The problem is that it has audio out jacks for 8 speakers (left front, right front, front center, sub, surround left, surround right, rear left, rear right, sub and center front optional) but I don't have a five (or 8) channel amplifier to connect to it. Right now I am running the front left and right and the side left and right through a JVC 5444 four channel receiver. This sound okay and you can definitely hear the surround effects, but i would like to upgrade to be able to use the full capacity of this 3602 unit. I am not too worried about the sub, but I would like to use the center front channel.

I use this system exclusively for movies and TV, so most stuff is Dolby 5.1 surround, but I do occasionally play 2.1 surround and 7.1 surround material.

Any recommendation on an external amp setup that will drive 7.1 speakers? Looking for something reasonably affordable, such as below $200. Thanks!

quadbanana.gif

Find an inexpensive integrated amplifier and use it for the centre channel. If you find one that has preamp/power amp jumpers, you can use the other channel to control the volume of a subwoofer ... or even a centre rear channel speaker.

Not too long ago I purchased a Fosgate 3602 Digital Space Mtrix surround sound process. WOrks great, I got the remote, and I even got the owner's manual and instruction booklet on how to set it up. Cool beans.

The problem is that it has audio out jacks for 8 speakers (left front, right front, front center, sub, surround left, surround right, rear left, rear right, sub and center front optional) but I don't have a five (or 8) channel amplifier to connect to it. Right now I am running the front left and right and the side left and right through a JVC 5444 four channel receiver. This sound okay and you can definitely hear the surround effects, but i would like to upgrade to be able to use the full capacity of this 3602 unit. I am not too worried about the sub, but I would like to use the center front channel.

I use this system exclusively for movies and TV, so most stuff is Dolby 5.1 surround, but I do occasionally play 2.1 surround and 7.1 surround material.

Any recommendation on an external amp setup that will drive 7.1 speakers? Looking for something reasonably affordable, such as below $200. Thanks!

quadbanana.gif
you will need a job 1st

Back