Need light bulb for Marantz CD-400B

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DdeJ

My CD-400B seems to be working fine, but it would look prettier if the power light came on. Anyone know what type of bulb that is? It looks like an old-model automotive fuse.

DdeJ said:
My CD-400B seems to be working fine, but it would look prettier if the power light came on. Anyone know what type of bulb that is? It looks like an old-model automotive fuse.

Hi Ddej, I`m going through the same thing right now, trying to locate the strange little lamps for my unit.
I have had success with the local electronics supply warehouse.
Possibly you have a similar outlet in your area that wholesales to electronic repair shops.
I would try the Yellow Pages and go from there.
By the way, stopped at a Radio shack but they didn`t carry those types of lamps.
HTH, andy

P901 said:
Hi Ddej, I`m going through the same thing right now, trying to locate the strange little lamps for my unit.
I have had success with the local electronics supply warehouse.
Possibly you have a similar outlet in your area that wholesales to electronic repair shops.
I would try the Yellow Pages and go from there.
By the way, stopped at a Radio shack but they didn`t carry those types of lamps.
HTH, andy

It sounds like you are describing a "fuse lamp". Check MCM Electronics on the web and search for "fuse lamp". It should have the voltage stampe on the end cap. The last time I ordered from them there was no minimum order for orders placed on the web (haven't ordered lately, so it could have changed). Let me know what you find, I may be able to help further.

I'm working on a CD-400B, and either the radar lamp is out or there's an issue with the demodulation circuit. I only have one quad disc, but playing it did not cause the light to illuminate. Anyone know the specs for this bulb?

I'm working on a CD-400B, and either the radar lamp is out or there's an issue with the demodulation circuit. I only have one quad disc, but playing it did not cause the light to illuminate. Anyone know the specs for this bulb?

CD400 Manuals

The above link will give you all the diagrams and parts info you require. You will have to create a free account. Your sign up info is only used for site administration and never for any other purpose, like selling to third parties.

Thanks all. I desoldered the bulb to test it, and it's fine. The problem was likely my lack of a quad appropriate stylus when playing the record I have. When I instead injected a 30kHz signal from my oscillator, the bulb lit up.

Back