Neil Young Archives Vol II 1972-1976 announced (SDE)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since Neil IS a stickler for Sound Quality, my best guess is BD~A Stereo just like Volume I which I have YET to completely wade through. And we all know that ONLY being offered through Neil's website IT WON'T COME CHEAP!

Although READ ON:

Anthony Squires says:
September 22, 2020 at 11:06
I think Neil has already said this will be CD only, not Blu-Ray or DVD. I’m guessing the same packaging as Vol.1 allows for the inclusion of a similar book and maybe some trinkets. There appears to be some speculation as to whether there will be a separate ‘smaller’ box CD release without the book etc that would match up with the Vol.1 option.

Last edited:
Everything I've seen says CD only. I'm hoping maybe there's a bundle that includes hi-rez downloads. I'd like the packaging and hi-rez. (I want it to sit next to the DVD-A version of volume 1). :)

$357 Canadian. Ouch.

Still, this is a gift for my Canadian lady who's just retired after 35 years as an NICU (neo-natal intermediate care) nurse, and for whom, I bought the Volume I set all those years ago as a birthday present. If anyone deserves to be treated, and recognised, it's a nurse who's spent all those years saving so many premature babies, for so little recognition. Bless them all for the care they give.

Well, the box set sold out before I could place an order. Waited years for the next addition to the series, pretty bummed about that. Hopefully they will print more

I'm passing on this one, no Blu-ray edition like Vol.1 or multi-channel......plus not my favorite era of his. I'll wait til Vol.3 which should be AWESOME!! Blu-ray or not....probably my favorite era!! :love: :love:

UPDATE: On October 23, following the quick sell-out of the box set, Neil announced on NYA’s Times Contrarian that slimmer editions will follow in the year to come. This will be welcome news to those who may have missed out on the high-demand box set. His full statement is as follows:

Reprise Records, my record company for about 50 years, underestimated the demand for Archives VOLUME II. We were all surprised. It is a beautiful package that I am proud to have made for you. I do feel badly that we did not deliver it to many who were waiting so long for it.
We don’t feel that offering more of a product sold as a limited edition is a good thing to do. Thank you to all who purchased this set.
In 2021 we will be offering more Archives VOLUME II products as Reprise had originally planned, available in all outlets. These, while not the boxed set, will offer all of the of the music and discs with a smaller book. The original large book will be available for separate sale.
Thanks! NYA
Fingers 🤞...🙏...for an eventual Blu-ray box set, like the Archives 1 set. 🎶🎸😎

It looks like there are two editions coming out. The original "limited only to 3000 copies" is apparently no longer limited as they're doing a second run of it. False advertising on the first run, it seems, as "an additional batch" no longer makes it "limited". I got this email, and sure enough the original deluxe set is back up for sale for $249.88 (see link below).

"After the initial run sold out in less than 24 hours, NEIL YOUNG is releasing an additional batch of his monumental Archives Volume II: 1972-1976 deluxe edition box set, available exclusively via The Greedy Hand store at Neil Young Archives (NYA). In tandem, Young is also announcing a retail edition of the set. Both releases are now available for pre-order and will be physically released on March 5, 2021."

https://neilyoung.warnerrecords.com/the-archives-ii-deluxe-box-set.html

It looks like there are two editions coming out. The original "limited only to 3000 copies" is apparently no longer limited as they're doing a second run of it. False advertising on the first run, it seems, as "an additional batch" no longer makes it "limited". I got this email, and sure enough the original deluxe set is back up for sale for $249.88 (see link below).

"After the initial run sold out in less than 24 hours, NEIL YOUNG is releasing an additional batch of his monumental Archives Volume II: 1972-1976 deluxe edition box set, available exclusively via The Greedy Hand store at Neil Young Archives (NYA). In tandem, Young is also announcing a retail edition of the set. Both releases are now available for pre-order and will be physically released on March 5, 2021."

https://neilyoung.warnerrecords.com/the-archives-ii-deluxe-box-set.html
The second run of deluxe sets has a different color font. That’s how they’re claiming the first run is still exclusive. I’m canceling my initial order and getting the cheaper box. I don’t need a book.

Reactions: GOS
The second run of deluxe sets has a different color font. That’s how they’re claiming the first run is still exclusive.
Yes, it seems the only difference will be (i) "subtle art differences" (which as far as I can see means the "II" on the box is in red/orange); and (ii) no "letter of authenticity" (which the original buyers will get). But you may wish to reconsider canceling your initial order and try and sell it on eBay, though you may not get this much:
Neil Young.png

Yes, it seems the only difference will be (i) "subtle art differences" (which as far as I can see means the "II" on the box is in red/orange); and (ii) no "letter of authenticity" (which the original buyers will get). But you may wish to reconsider canceling your initial order and try and sell it on eBay, though you may not get this much:View attachment 59393
Would be a proper kick in the Teeth if they then have to wait to march and get box set v2.

Back