Nektar Greatest Hits Live CD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
This CD has one of the best live surround ambience things going on that I've heard, feels like you're in the hall. And add to that, they play the entire album of Remember the Future live, and it blows the studio version away. 2 CD set, and disc 2 is one of the best discs I've ever heard, unbelievable. If you like kick ass rock, pick it up! :wave

sspsandy said:
This CD has one of the best live surround ambience things going on that I've heard, feels like you're in the hall.

What are you using to synth? VM or Tate SQ?

I use the Tate SQ mode for all synthesizing. I don't yet have VM capabilities. On another thread it has been suggested that I try using the Tate surround mode, however to my ears, the SQ mode just sounds better. This cd is the audio recording that is also available on DVD in abbreviated form, this is the whole concert. And since the DVD is DD5.1 as well as DPL, I suspect that the CD is surround encoded as well, it behaves like the DVD when decoded, nothing earthshaking in the separation department, but a real nice all around surround. :D

sspsandy said:
I use the Tate SQ mode for all synthesizing. I don't yet have VM capabilities. On another thread it has been suggested that I try using the Tate surround mode, however to my ears, the SQ mode just sounds better. This cd is the audio recording that is also available on DVD in abbreviated form, this is the whole concert. And since the DVD is DD5.1 as well as DPL, I suspect that the CD is surround encoded as well, it behaves like the DVD when decoded, nothing earthshaking in the separation department, but a real nice all around surround. :D

Sounds like a keeper! (y) Going to pick up the CD and give it a listen using both VM and Tate. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Back