New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing AP opening for yes in the summer of 98 and DTS was a sponsor. Alan talked about it briefly at the end of their set. At that time, I had no clue about multi channel music. I need to dig up my yes t shirt from the show, I am pretty sure it has the DTS logo on the back

I remember seeing AP opening for yes in the summer of 98 and DTS was a sponsor. Alan talked about it briefly at the end of their set. At that time, I had no clue about multi channel music. I need to dig up my yes t shirt from the show, I am pretty sure it has the DTS logo on the back
On Air was released in the relatively rare DTS-CD format in 1996.
Ny03Mzk2LmpwZWc.jpeg

When I used to author DVD discs for audio (years ago) seems like we put in stereo lpcm as well as DTS and blank video. But no DD as far as I remember. Might have been out of spec, but they played.
It's easier now to just use AudioMuxer and some DTS files. Still not a "spec" disc but never had any complaints about them (used this for my upmixes once upon a time).

I'm not sure I understand why Parson's or anyone else still bothers to release their surround music on DVD anyhow. Wouldn't the vast majority of folks interested in this type of stuff have bought a bluray player long ago? Used ones, capable of ripping SACD's are $40 on ebay?

Damn, your dog couldn't stomach the release eh? ;)
Hope it all worked out.
The dog was fine and lived on to a ripe old age (for a dog)... But I never got around to replacing the disc. Indeed I forgot all about that particular album.

I'm not sure I understand why Parson's or anyone else still bothers to release their surround music on DVD anyhow. Wouldn't the vast majority of folks interested in this type of stuff have bought a bluray player long ago? Used ones, capable of ripping SACD's are $40 on ebay?
Agreed... The people over at SDE seem to be able to make money out of limited BRD-A disc releases...

If its not for compatibilities sake, I'm not sure I understand it either. But a lot of artists do it that way.

As they often do, the Moose got me this one a day before release date. Got in late tonight so I just quickly sampled the first couple of tracks. Couldn't put it up too loudly for fear of annoying the neighbors. The first couple of tunes feel like a return to the classic Parsons Project sound of the 80s. The opening song seems to be a tribute to Eric Wolfson. First impression is that the mix is OK but not amazing. But as I said earlier, I can't play it at the volume that it needs to be played at right now. More tomorrow.... .....oh....ok.....mix on the fourth track is nice..... off to bed.. . 🛌😴

Thanks colsky for flagging up the price drop. Mine was sent by Amazon UK yesterday and I was charged the full £18.36. As the item is still in transit I'm hoping that Amazon will refund the difference before I have to send this one back for a refund and order a new one at the cheaper price. (Funnily enough I have just been through this routine with a couple of the recent Animals CDs from ABKCO - I was charged £18 each by Amazon UK on the day prior to release and the the price came down to £15 on the release date. After cancelling these items and requesting a return they eventually refunded the £3 on each CD. You have to watch these prices like a hawk.)

Thanks colsky for flagging up the price drop. Mine was sent by Amazon UK yesterday and I was charged the full £18.36. As the item is still in transit I'm hoping that Amazon will refund the difference before I have to send this one back for a refund and order a new one at the cheaper price. (Funnily enough I have just been through this routine with a couple of the recent Animals CDs from ABKCO - I was charged £18 each by Amazon UK on the day prior to release and the the price came down to £15 on the release date. After cancelling these items and requesting a return they eventually refunded the £3 on each CD. You have to watch these prices like a hawk.)
Amazon should automatically credit you with a refund of the price difference, if the price decreases up to and including the day of release, without you needing to do anything. You shouldn't have to threaten them with a return. If you leave it the credit should come through, which it always seems to do for me.

I can now order it from amazon and have done. But bizarrely amazon.co.uk wouldn't let me pre-order (in fact amazon.co.uk won't let me pre-order anything, it doesn't like my address, yet I can pre-order from other amazon's!!), and amazon can't figure out why!

I can now order it from amazon and have done. But bizarrely amazon.co.uk wouldn't let me pre-order (in fact amazon.co.uk won't let me pre-order anything, it doesn't like my address, yet I can pre-order from other amazon's!!), and amazon can't figure out why!
Are you by chance using a vpn? If so it wont have your location properly to direct you to the appropriate site!

Here's the advertisement for that tour .(from Digital Home Entertainment Magazine ,Summer 1998)
1657899052954487903356752889284.jpg

Vvv

Back