New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTS CD of course.
LOL, It was a bit of a sarcastic question.
DTS-CD uses a fairly aggressive lossy compression system which can actually sound quite good when decoded to 5.1 channels at 48kps.
There is a lot of info lost in the codec and equating the real resolution against todays discrete formats is hard.
For sure it is much less than even 5.1 channels at 16-44.1 Redbook.

I just canceled my Amazon preorder for this because the delivery date changed to the 29th. I then reordered and it will be here Monday. That is some daft shit.
Daft indeed - I ordered on May 30 from Amazon US (Prime) and my order shows "arriving Wed. July 27"

On the current product page it shows "free delivery on Tuesday, July 19 if ordered within 11 hours" but then states "Available to ship in 4 - 6 days" :ROFLMAO:
That is some daft calendar math

DTS-CD uses a fairly aggressive lossy compression system which can actually sound quite good when decoded to 5.1 channels at 48kps.
There is a lot of info lost in the codec and equating the real resolution against todays discrete formats is hard.

No I know, but I sometimes expand that info for those QQ newbies ,such as younger audiophiles entering surround.......such as millennials , that may not know that history.
So I am surely not singling you out, and no offense intended. ☺

Are you by chance using a vpn? If so it wont have your location properly to direct you to the appropriate site!
Unfortunately no. I have played around and it seems that it is related to my name (not that amazon.co.uk have figured that out), as I just use initials to match my credit card, but it only occurs on amazon.co.uk for pre-orders (which are always listed as supplied by the Tax 'dodge' that is amazon EU sarl)! I've pre-ordered from amazon.fr & amazon.com with no issues. So a few other UK & EU independent vendor websites are winning my pre-orders.

I just canceled my Amazon preorder for this because the delivery date changed to the 29th. I then reordered and it will be here Monday. That is some daft shit.
Daft indeed. I ordered too from Amazon and they said the 27th. Good idea about cancelling and re-ordering. I will now get it on the 19th.

I agree with you. I really like almost all of the DTS-CD’s I have. Some of them are even reference.
16bit/44.1Khz, nothing wrong with that

Playing this now, arrived today.

And got the reduced Amazon UK price with a 3 quid and pennies refund , wahoo.

Knew nothing about what was being released on this album apart from the audio source . Sometimes I like to hear a release, like I used to buy LP's, back in the long distant past. All songs brand new to my ears 👂.

This is a very pleasant surprise, musically and sonically.

Mix, not the strongest I've heard from Alan

Edit: The mix gets better with repeated listenings.

Think I need to crank it up. That can wait until after our crazy heatwave, which starts today, reaching a potential 40 DEGREES on Monday...yikes.

Do I recommend it, yes I do.

PS: The last song is a total surprise 😮

Last edited:
Amazon should automatically credit you with a refund of the price difference, if the price decreases up to and including the day of release, without you needing to do anything. You shouldn't have to threaten them with a return. If you leave it the credit should come through, which it always seems to do for me.
Got my refund today so I guess I will have to learn to be a bit more patient. Cheers.

Back