New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

boondocks

Senior Surround Collector
QQ Supporter
Had to order my DVD from the UK, they say it's on-the-way.
I'm a poet, and it didn't even know it. LOL
Can't wait to hear the whole thing in 5.1.
I believe it's one of Alan best yet.
The older I get the more I love Alan,
Maybe it's cause we're the same age?
Yeah, yeah, we're a bunch of old farts.
I get in moods for certain music, and for sure AP is right up there in the top 10 for me in the long haul.

Another old guy, now passed, and I, had many disagreements about almost everything. But the two of us could always agree about our love for APP.
R.I.P. Aart. The music lives on.

ddahl44

Disagreeing with the above, I find little similarity between Parsons’ latest and TOMAI or I Robot, save for the opening bars of the first track (which is a touching ode to Eric Woolfson, I believe). Granted if you compared Please Please Me with Abbey Road you would be hard pressed to name this as the same band, what with the evolution of the Beatles songwriting skills and increasing complexity of style. Yes, TOMAI and I Robot were from The Project, but there seems to be a de-evolution from complex works to more standard pop soundcraft. The tunes are pleasing, nonetheless, and I like the addition of Mr. Shaw to the mix and the above mentioned tribute to Mr. Woolfson. He is missed.

JulesRules

Yes, TOMAI and I Robot were from The Project, but there seems to be a de-evolution from complex works to more standard pop soundcraft.
You could say the same thing already about Ammonia Avenue, not even ten years after the Project had started. Who knows, maybe Parsons will write something with Steven Wilson next time... ;) (Jokes aside, I would certainly welcome David Pack again, and not just as a vocalist - "The Three of Me" from Try Anything Once is one of the best thing Parsons ever released.)

boondocks

Senior Surround Collector
QQ Supporter
Disagreeing with the above, I find little similarity between Parsons’ latest and TOMAI or I Robot, save for the opening bars of the first track (which is a touching ode to Eric Woolfson, I believe). Granted if you compared Please Please Me with Abbey Road you would be hard pressed to name this as the same band, what with the evolution of the Beatles songwriting skills and increasing complexity of style. Yes, TOMAI and I Robot were from The Project, but there seems to be a de-evolution from complex works to more standard pop soundcraft. The tunes are pleasing, nonetheless, and I like the addition of Mr. Shaw to the mix and the above mentioned tribute to Mr. Woolfson. He is missed.
Well I certainly agree it's getting more "pop-y". But Alan's influence is all over it, maybe not as leading edge as before.
For sure, I don't think Woolfson got as much credit as he deserved, but we at least still have those APP albums to listen to. I do wish someone would remix them, however, for Atmos.