New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
There's no specific mention of a 5.1 surround mix, however many websites list this edition as CD/DVD so I think it's fairly safe to assume this will be the edition we want:
https://www.amazon.com/New-World-Alan-Parsons/dp/B09WQ17TJP/
A description of the album from another site:
Frontiers Music Srl is proud to announce the release of the upcoming new studio album, "From The New World" by the legendary Alan Parsons. The eleven-time Grammy nominated legendary music icon and master of progressive rock released his last studio album “The Secret” in April 2019. "From The New World" touches on the classics sounds Parsons has become known for in his impressive career, with progressive, symphonic, and classic rock elements all touched upon on this stunning album. Guest appearances from the likes of renowned guitarist and singer Joe Bonamassa, Tommy Shaw of Styx, vocalist David Pack (Ambrosia), and vocalist James Durbin add wonderful touches to the stunning performances by Alan and his incredible backing band.

812VLTtOL2L._SL1500_.jpg

For the record, I'm holding off on getting this release until I know what audio formats are being used on the DVD, cause after all, Frontiers messed up the latest APLP Blu-Ray by including Dolby 5.1 & Dolby 2.0 audio instead of DTS-HD MA 5.1 & LPCM 2.0 as advertised and even though they acknowledged their mistake, they refused to fix the disc...

:mad:

Cool! Pre-order done. I did like the last album. Does this push the release date of the multichannel mix of Turn of a Friendly Card?

For the record, I'm holding off on getting this release until I know what audio formats are being used on the DVD, cause after all, Frontiers messed up the latest APLP Blu-Ray by including Dolby 5.1 & Dolby 2.0 audio instead of DTS-HD MA 5.1 & LPCM 2.0 as advertised and even though they acknowledged their mistake, they refused to fix the disc...

Don’t see Ryan pulling the mad emoji very often, so he’s serious!

Sorry, but what’s APLP?

I’ll wait also, there’ll be plenty of time to order this. Besides, I do believe it probably pushes back TOAFC & I Robot some 😣

Alan Parsons Live Project. See here: Alan Parsons “One Note Symphony” Live in Tel Aviv Blu-Ray

Did you notice the Eye of Horus and the Pyramid?
APLP = Alan Parsons Live Project
The current touring name.

I suspect Ryan is referring to either one of live blu-rays frontier released: "One Note Symphony - Live in Tel Aviv" or "The NeverEnding Show" ?
Thanks guys, this is the only Live AP I currently own-

https://www.discogs.com/release/12804319-The-Alan-Parsons-Symphonic-Project-Live-In-Colombia

APLP = Alan Parsons Live Project
The current touring name.

I suspect Ryan is referring to either one of live blu-rays frontier released: "One Note Symphony - Live in Tel Aviv" or "The NeverEnding Show" ?

Yep, the one in question here is "One Note Symphony". That one has the incorrect (lossy) audio on the Blu-Ray.
"NeverEnding Show" has the correct lossless audio (DTS-HD MA 5.1 & LPCM stereo) and sounds fantastic!

And yes, to follow-up on @J. PUPSTER's earlier comment, I do think we won't see the "Turn of a Friendly Card" deluxe edition from Esoteric until September at the earliest, which would mean that "I Robot" or any other APP deluxe editions would not be out until 2023 at the earliest.

I had to reread your post three times. I thought initially that the post said they included Dolby True HD 5.1 instead of DTS-HD MA 5.1. That would not have been such a big deal, but Dolby Digital 5.1...now that really sucks. And Dolby Digital 2.0? That's insane!

I had to reread your post three times. I thought initially that the post said they included Dolby True HD 5.1 instead of DTS-HD MA 5.1. That would not have been such a big deal, but Dolby Digital 5.1...now that really sucks. And Dolby Digital 2.0? That's insane!
It's the files used for the DVD.

Just hope the music is not as cheesy as the record cover... :devilish:
Cheesy? I was just thinkin how kool it was.
"Beauties in the eye" and all that.

Thanks guys, this is the only Live AP I currently own-
And the best so far IMHO.

First new song is up (featuring Styx's Tommy Shaw):
Took me a minute or so to grasp it but I think Tommy's voice sounds well suited to a APP release, I like it.

5.1 mix confirmed on DVD
wOOt.

First new song is up (featuring Styx's Tommy Shaw):
"Guest appearances include guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa, and vocalists Tommy Shaw of STYX, David Pack formerly of Ambrosia, and American Idol alumni James Durbin, who blend seamlessly with Alan and his incredible band."

I'm wondering about P J Olsson? I've become comfortable with the sound of him being the lead vocalist for APP and so far no mention?

Maybe a still to come Atmos release ???

I highly doubt it.
AFAIK, AP just set up his own studio around 2018, and while it is equipped for 5.1 mixing, it sounds like he has no interest in moving up to Atmos. After all, he's really more of a Quad guy, and even his 5.1 mixes are basically Quad mixes (i.e. you can basically mute the center and LFE channels and not miss a thing in the mix)

:)

"Guest appearances include guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa, and vocalists Tommy Shaw of STYX, David Pack formerly of Ambrosia, and American Idol alumni James Durbin, who blend seamlessly with Alan and his incredible band."

I'm wondering about P J Olsson? I've become comfortable with the sound of him being the lead vocalist for APP and so far no mention?
He's still involved. The following is from the notes in the official video.

LINE-UP:
Lead Vocals - Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, David Pack, James Durbin, P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Mark Mikel, Tabitha Fair
Backing Vocals - Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Mark Mikel, Chris Shutters, Scott Hunt
Guitars - Alan Parsons, Jeff Kollman, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Jeff Marshall, James Durbin, Tim Pierce
Bass - Guy Erez
Drums - Danny Thompson
Keyboards - Tom Brooks, Doug Powell, Matt McCarrin, Kim Bullard
Sax - Todd Cooper
Cello on “I Won’t Be Led Astray” - Mika Larson
Guitar Solos on “Give ‘Em My Love” and “I Won’t Be Led Astray” - Joe Bonamassa

Back