New album on https://surroundmusic.one

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am working my way through the three SurroundMusic One 5.1 Blu-Ray releases by Robert Rich.
Have been putting some thoughts and impressions together and will post about those when I get through more of the material (There are 9 separate album releases, including a couple double-cd albums).

Wondering if you folks think that should be in a different part of the forum. It seems to me that his work deserves discussion, since he is making his own 5.1 mixes and apparently has been for some years now. So we have an ambient artist who is producing 5.1 mixes according to his own aesthetic and artistic choices - something a bit different than the more common remixes that we see released these days.

New artist and art album:
John Patrick Stewart – Buildings, Flesh, and Jealousy
https://surroundmusic.one/album/buildings-flesh-and-jealousy/
These are the first two movements of a four movement composition for four pianists, four percussionists, and three cellists. The composition is written to be performed in-the-round with the audience placed inside the circle of musicians.

A kind of Philip Glass; Check the streaming out. It's released in quad and 4.1 (as 5.1 with muted center channel)

My blu ray copy came on Thursday. I was surprised to get it so quickly here in the US. I’m still waiting for my DV SACD order of BTO & Mott, and the new transatlantic stand alone blu ray and racket records shipped the transatlantic on the 28th. I believe this shipped on the 30th. Cool album. I am listening to the 4.1 mix. Very happy with it. To me this is like Hot Rats collided with King Crimson and Deluge Grander.

Today 2 hour and 23 minutes of Odyssey’s remixed One Take Sessions is released FOR FREE including a AVCHD ISO-file of the quad mix mix of the 46:59 track Determination: odyssey - one take sessions - Surround Music One
Could be the first free ISO-file of the world and a good way to check out if ISO-files are playable at home!

We have One Life to live.
Determination from the album Lumia is a One Take Live Recording. It is about Death & Life and the biimplication.
Lumia was recorded back in 1997 a few weeks after loss of my best friend/cousin. Especially recording this track was the most life-affirming act to start move on and seize the day.

By Jan Printz 12th March 2021.

First listen....😍😍

image.jpg

Today 2 hour and 23 minutes of Odyssey’s remixed One Take Sessions is released FOR FREE including a AVCHD ISO-file of the quad mix mix of the 46:59 track Determination: odyssey - one take sessions - Surround Music One
Could be the first free ISO-file of the world and a good way to check out if ISO-files are playable at home!

We have One Life to live.
Determination from the album Lumia is a One Take Live Recording. It is about Death & Life and the biimplication.
Lumia was recorded back in 1997 a few weeks after loss of my best friend/cousin. Especially recording this track was the most life-affirming act to start move on and seize the day.

By Jan Printz 12th March 2021.
This is excellent music, I must say. Thanks so much for sharing.

Back