New Blackfield (Steven Wilson) 6CD Blu ray with some 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this post with excitement and had my hopes dashed when seeing it's just got the same 5.1 I already have. Like Duncan I have never been very keen on live albums compared to studio albums but since no 5.1 of the first 2 albums I bought "Blackfield Live in New York" and I was pleasantly surprised by this release and have listened to it quite a bit.
Right. Live in NY is not mixed like a live album. If you want the first two albums in 5.1 it's a good option.

Last edited:
I wish they’d do an expansive No-Man box!! I do like Blackfield, but that last album was just horrible, at least they left that one out. I may go for this, despite having everything but the live one.

Live In NYC is one of the best live concert 5.1 mixes ever, IMO.
I sure do enjoy it, with or without video.
The Blackfield days are my favorite SW recordings.
The best of prog rock IMHO.
Wish Steven would go back and do multich mixes of the early albums
Maybe the stems don't exist any more ? :(

I wish they’d do an expansive No-Man box!! I do like Blackfield, but that last album was just horrible, at least they left that one out. I may go for this, despite having everything but the live one.
i believe its waiting for a release window, Steven has a new album coming out he has just finished Porcupine Tree tour etc....

I've already got Blackfield IV on DVD-A & V on BDA, I'm not that keen on live albums, so if there had been earlier releases in surround I'd have bought it, as is I'm skipping this one.
Same here. I have Blackfield IV and NYC in surround. If he had remixed at least I and II (my favourites) I would have bought the box without any doubt. But I see no reason to buy the box.

The most positive thing for me is the idea of putting some albums in a single bluray. If there is capacity for all of them, why not? I prefer this option instead publishing each album separately and selling them in expensive boxes with a lot of memorabilia. If I already have the albums on CD, I don't want to buy again that CD for getting the surround mix.

My Blu ray plays fine! Simple menu.
image.jpg

Just sent this email to Burning Shed:

I respectfully request that this email and the attached photos be forwarded to the Kscope record label.
I just received the new Blackfield set “An Accident of Stars” and discovered a major problem with the Blu-Ray.
The disc itself is labeled as an all-region Blu-Ray (one that will play in A, B, and C region players.)
However, when playing the disc in my Blu-Ray player (here in North America, Region A) this text appears on the screen “This Blu-ray Disc will play back on region B players only” and I am unable to play the disc!
I respectfully request that the Kscope record label send me a replacement Blu-ray Disc, one that will play in my Blu-Ray players here in North America.

Just sent this email to Burning Shed:

I respectfully request that this email and the attached photos be forwarded to the Kscope record label.
I just received the new Blackfield set “An Accident of Stars” and discovered a major problem with the Blu-Ray.
The disc itself is labeled as an all-region Blu-Ray (one that will play in A, B, and C region players.)
However, when playing the disc in my Blu-Ray player (here in North America, Region A) this text appears on the screen “This Blu-ray Disc will play back on region B players only” and I am unable to play the disc!
I respectfully request that the Kscope record label send me a replacement Blu-ray Disc, one that will play in my Blu-Ray players here in North America.
I just found the same issue and sent Burning Shed an email. They're usually quick to reply. Have you heard anything?

Burning Shed is the best

Thanks for your email, I’m so sorry about this!​
We will be sending out replacements for this so you will receive a blu-ray that works in your player.​
We will ship it with your Moody Blues order :)

This is the reply I got from import cd. Hello Since we can not assure you Kscope will do as you wish, we have send you a Prepaid postage label to return the item for a refund upon return or proof of postage. Thank you

From K scope
A small number of the European edition of the new Blackfield set ‘An Accident Of Stars 2004-2017’ which include a Region B (Europe) Blu-ray disc have been shipped to the USA.

If you are in a Region B zone e,g USA, Canada, Japan, and are unable to play the disc you have purchased, please do not return to the retailer and instead contact Kscope @ [email protected] with proof of purchase and we will send a replacement disc

Please note: This limited edition set has completely sold out. It will not be repressed.

Last edited:
From Kscope:

Thank you for your mail and sorry you have received the wrong Blu-ray disc in your new Blackfield set.
We are awaiting replacement discs and anticipate shipping one out to you week commencing 1st May.
Thanks for your patience and once again apologies for the inconvenience.
Best wishes,
Shyann Headley
Kscope

I'm very glad to hear of KScope's stand up position for the
folks who ran into issues. I've heard too many companies
that are not so quick to fix mistakes.

Reactions: PK
Back