New CD/Blu-Ray release from Alan Williams (Birdsong at Morning)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived today. And as soon as I took it out of the padded envelope, it hit me:

1670555860493.png
1670555947365.png

Coincidence?

Maybe some clues in this "deep dive" into the recording & mixing of the album, which I just now discovered. Only 10 views! C'mon, QQ, let's give it a boost!

Actually, the whole series looks pretty good, if you've got a few hours to waste. Fascinating insights into mixing, EQ'ing, applying reverbs, dealing with mic bleeds, etc. (Not sure why he mixed up the episode order in the playlist.)

I just listened to the blu-ray in its entirety while reading the on-sceen commentary. What a gift from Alan. Please let me know when there is a pole for this so I can vote my 10.

So, I've been ripping my title just now, and trying to figure out what the heck are all the "titles"

I ripped all 4
Title 1 - album in DTS HD Master, with vocal
Title 3 - album in DTS HD Master, with vocal
Title 4 - album in DTS HD Master, instrumental
Title 6 - album in DTS HD Master, instrumental

1673197404441.png

I ripped mine. There are 2 sets of the tracks and instrumentals. As far as I can tell, the difference must be the video. I didn't check, One lyrics, one track notes maybe? Then there is a set of videos.

I like this album quite a bit. It has a slightly harder edge than Evidence Unearthed. Great mix as usual.

So, I've been ripping my title just now, and trying to figure out what the heck are all the "titles"

I ripped all 4
Title 1 - album in DTS HD Master, with vocal
Title 3 - album in DTS HD Master, with vocal
Title 4 - album in DTS HD Master, instrumental
Title 6 - album in DTS HD Master, instrumental

View attachment 87167
When you get it figured out, please upload the metadata for the rest of us -LOL

As a BIG fan of Birdsong At Morning and Alan Williams just secured a copy from his website.

I have been listening to the disc for the first time today, as I was trying to rip it to my NAS. It sounds spectacular! I think you'll really enjoy the instrumental version in DTS HD Master 5.1. Loads of bass, fidelity is off the charts. Surround mix is super.

Back