New CD/Blu-Ray release from Alan Williams (Birdsong at Morning)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Alan Williams solo album 'Currents' to be released on August 19th (digital release).
The first single, 'Think of the Night', is available for pre-save now: Think of the Night (streaming from 7/15)
Physical release date (North America): September 30th, 2022
Pre-order: Alan Williams Currents — Blue Gentian Records (UK/Europe via Burning Shed)
Download: 5.1 files will appear at Immersive Audio Album shop on 8/19

The 2 disc set includes a Compact Disc with stereo mixes in 44.1k/16b, and a blu-ray disc with stereo and 5.1 96/24 LPCM/dts-HD vocal and instrumental mixes, along with 3 bonus alternate mixes, lyric and commentary movies, and 5 music videos, and a 16-page booklet.

AW2.jpg

'Currents' was formed during a time of tremendous social upheaval when serious forces were shaping our lives dramatically. Some of the songs address power as both systemic and as random disturbance. But at the core of them all lie the very real impact of those forces on individual lives, the external shaping the internal, the weariness that slowly erodes joy. Yet, after all the chaos attributed to difference, it is emotion that best illustrates our commonality, 'to see the me in you and the you in me.'
(New Album 'Currents' Available on August 19th — Alan Williams)

Tracklist:
Think of the Night
For My Heaven
Giving You a Warning
Love You To
Fall From the Sky
Season of the Lottery
Before I Wake Up
Currents
Keeping Time

Last edited:
https://www.alanwilliamsevidence.com/
https://www.bluegentianrecords.com/shop/alan-williams-evidence-unearthed-cdblu-ray
The 2020 release by Birdsong At Morning founder Alan Williams - a reworked version of the unreleased 1995 album - new vocals, updated arrangements, new mixes in stereo and 5.1 surround sound. This package contains a CD with stereo 44.1/16 mixes, and a Blu-ray with stereo and 5.1 vocal and instrumental 48/24 mixes of the album in LPCM and DTS-HD. Blu-ray also contains lyrics, text commentary, user playlist feature, and the music video for “Anniston.”

Tracklist:

Tell All The World
Crosses
Anniston
For What It Is
Neon Dreaming
Binaural Girl
And So He Loves You
Take It On Faith
Falling On Deaf Ears
Always
Heaven Blessed
Keepsake

I can tell you all first hand that this is one cracker of an album!
Pre-order away!

:)

Evidence+Cover.png
Ordered! I never heard one note of birdsong or anything by Alan. So I am going on "one cracker of an album."
Nice to have some crackers as an appetizer to hold me over for the main course of PF's Animals in early September. 😋
Thanks RTBluray!

New Alan Williams solo album 'Currents' to be released on August 19th (digital release).
The first single, 'Think of the Night', is available for pre-save now: Think of the Night
Physical release date (North America): September 2nd, 2022
Pre-order: Alan Williams Currents — Blue Gentian Records

The 2 disc set includes a Compact Disc with stereo mixes in 44.1k/16b, and a blu-ray disc with stereo and 5.1 LPCM and 5.1 dts-HD vocal and instrumental mixes in 96/24, along with 3 bonus alternate mixes, lyric and commentary movies, and 5 music videos, and a 16-page booklet.

View attachment 81035

(New Album 'Currents' Available on August 19th — Alan Williams)

Tracklist:
Think of the Night
For My Heaven
Giving You a Warning
Love You To
Fall From the Sky
Season of the Lottery
Before I Wake Up
Currents
Keeping Time

Ordered!
https://www.bluegentianrecords.com/shop/p/alan-williams-currents

https://www.alanwilliamsevidence.com/
https://www.bluegentianrecords.com/shop/alan-williams-evidence-unearthed-cdblu-ray
The 2020 release by Birdsong At Morning founder Alan Williams - a reworked version of the unreleased 1995 album - new vocals, updated arrangements, new mixes in stereo and 5.1 surround sound. This package contains a CD with stereo 44.1/16 mixes, and a Blu-ray with stereo and 5.1 vocal and instrumental 48/24 mixes of the album in LPCM and DTS-HD. Blu-ray also contains lyrics, text commentary, user playlist feature, and the music video for “Anniston.”

Tracklist:

Tell All The World
Crosses
Anniston
For What It Is
Neon Dreaming
Binaural Girl
And So He Loves You
Take It On Faith
Falling On Deaf Ears
Always
Heaven Blessed
Keepsake

I can tell you all first hand that this is one cracker of an album!
Pre-order away!

:)

Evidence+Cover.png
Ordered!

E-mail from Alan this morning about problems with Blu-Ray authoring which will result in both a reconfiguring of the product(s) and a delay in the physical release(s). CD now projected for August 30, with Blu-Ray to follow "later in the fall, specific date to be determined." CD/Blu-Ray package has been deleted, with pre-orders cancelled/refunded. FLAC downloads release date not affected. Also: a second single was released today.

I just purchased Currents on IAA.
Running into a few issues:
1. first track (Think of The Night) is missing in my download list.
2. I am hearing random pops/clicks when playing the flac files on my Intel NUC8i3BEK running LibeELEC/Kodi.
3. Unable to load the flac files into a sound editor program (Goldwave) - says file is corrupt. ???

On a related note to item #2 - I also purchased the new A Bad Think - X on IAA.
Used the MMH program to convert the .mkv files to .flac. The Goldwave program can edit the flac files, but I do notice a few glitches/pops/clicks in those files as well.

Thanks,
Ray

That's really odd, I tested both releases prior to launch (though I never tried converting the MKV's directly to FLAC). In any case, we'll get it sorted out. Did you send a support email?

That's really odd, I tested both releases prior to launch (though I never tried converting the MKV's directly to FLAC). In any case, we'll get it sorted out. Did you send a support email?
Thanks Jonathan.
I only e-mailed support about the missing track, and already got a response.
I will send a detailed email to support later today about the pops, after I try playing the .mkv files.

Thanks Jonathan.
I only e-mailed support about the missing track, and already got a response.
I will send a detailed email to support later today about the pops, after I try playing the .mkv files.
I sometimes get little pops occurring on my NUC system playing files thru Foobar 2K, but I can replay the same song over again (or back over that section) and they aren't there. So don't know what causes that but maybe make sure that's not the case with your files and it's something that's built into the audio itself.

Back