New Chicago quad reissue from Rhino Handmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already placed a call to rhino and left them a message to try and get more details about what streams are on the disc, and to urge for something lossless if possible, or at least dts. I'll update you all when I hear back.

What do they mean by front and back versions? Dual sided disc with one format on each side? I hope one side is DVD-Audio. Can be played in any DVD player with surround sound? I guess the people with stereo only DVD players are out of luck. I'm ordering for sure!

Did they just update that, I could've sworn it didn't have the dts info on the page a moment ago.... Anyways, that's great news.

Maybe their not yet finished with the description, but... so far all I see is for specifications is the following: "DTS DVD features 4 channels of 24-bit, 96 kHz audio (down scalable to 24-bit, 48 kHz)". I'm hoping I've just missed where it maybe includes DVD-Audio in MLP??? Not holding my breath, though. At least it's not merely Dolby Digital. But, c'mon, when "Quad" is the reason for this releases existence, it should be given the DVD-Audio treatment.

Tried to leave a comment but that part is not working right now.... I emailed them to thank them and tell them to keep em coming!!!!

I'm going to have to order this despite my concerns. I'm trying to come up with a couple of more purchases so that I can quailfy for the free shipping. (The thought of paying a total of $34.00 for something that may *potentially* only be DTS is a little hard to swallow at the moment. But if I can get free shipping...well...then $30.00 even doesn't sound so bad considering that we are a niche market.)

I would also add there is no mention of this true quad release at BecauseSoundMatters.com which is now showing it's true colors as a vinyl only store. To add insult to injury, my account login over there can no longer be accessed despite asking password help on any of my email addresses.

We always KNEW Rhino *could* do this if they wanted to; they're starting at the beginning of the Chicago catalog so I expect to see more if this sells well. Let's be sure to support this!

Woo hoo - I'll be showing my support and buying!!!!

Now if we could only convince them to include DVD-Audio on the disc (production cost should be about the same, just need that AUDIO_TS folder & contents!:) ), but I'll buy either way. :)

Holy Shit! This is the most stunning news I've heard in a LONG time. If this is "only the beginning" of a quad reissue program of the Chicago titles and more, that would be tremendous.

I can't believe it. Wow!

Just ordered one, no hesitation. The classic WB Quadradisc Logo arises from the dead. Who would have thunk it!

This is huge news, so I created an article on the home page. It's a bit redundant, but someone may miss this thread, and this is HUGE!!!

(Does the Quadradisc Logo on the cover still say CD-4 Channel Discrete??? :D)

HEADS UP!!

Join the "NEW" Rhino community BEFORE you pre-order the disc to get free shipping. I went ahead and pre-ordered the disc, and then I received an email welcoming me to the Rhino Community with a special offer code for free shipping on my next order! Bad timing on my part, good timing on yours if you have yet to pre-order.

Back