New Djabe & Steve Hackett album in surround sound - Back To Sardinia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djabe

GOS, any other releases you would reccomend while I'm on the site? I might as well get some more as I liked what I heard on the link for the new release, I just wish it was hi res

GOS, any other releases you would reccomend while I'm on the site? I might as well get some more as I liked what I heard on the link for the new release, I just wish it was hi res
I I recommend these DVD-Audio discs as a starting point:
Djabe - Witchi Tai To
Djabe - Ly-OLay ALe Loya
Djabe - Sheafs are dancing
Djabe - Flow
Djabe - 20 Dimensions

We have Black Friday sales on these items until 3rd midnight CET.

Cheers
Attila

I I recommend these DVD-Audio discs as a starting point:
Djabe - Witchi Tai To
Djabe - Ly-OLay ALe Loya
Djabe - Sheafs are dancing
Djabe - Flow
Djabe - 20 Dimensions

We have Black Friday sales on these items until 3rd midnight CET.

Cheers
Attila

ATTILA, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR ALBUMS. SONICS and SURROUND MIXES ARE SUPERB!

Finally dipping my toes into the Djabe waters, took a leap of faith and ordered six titles last night:
Witchi Tai To
Ly-Olay Ale Loya
Take On
Slices of Life
20 Dimensions
Update ( without the live album, want the Super Jewel Box version )

Actually had a seventh disc in my cart but it bumped the shipping up by 7€ (the same value as the disc itself) so I removed it for a future order

Last edited:
These Djabe discs are amazing!
Been listening in chronological order and you can really hear the shift slightly from a “world” music to straight ahead jazz.
Either way it’s all good.
Right now playing the Live at the New Orleans portion of Slices of Life. It’s “only” 16/48 Dolby Digital but sounds great. The percussion sounds like its coming from way outside the speakers.
I will definitely buy the rest of the studio albums and will try and figure which of the plethora of live recordings to delve into.
Can’t help but wonder: will the self titled debut see a DVD Audio release?

Very highly recommended :)

These Djabe discs are amazing!
Been listening in chronological order and you can really hear the shift slightly from a “world” music to straight ahead jazz.
Either way it’s all good.
Right now playing the Live at the New Orleans portion of Slices of Life. It’s “only” 16/48 Dolby Digital but sounds great. The percussion sounds like its coming from way outside the speakers.
I will definitely buy the rest of the studio albums and will try and figure which of the plethora of live recordings to delve into.
Can’t help but wonder: will the self titled debut see a DVD Audio release?

Very highly recommended :)
Hi, Yes we plan to release the very first album in a deluxe box, with new surround mixes in DVD-Audio format. I hope this will come out in 2021. But this month's new baby is the Live In Edmonton 2CD.
More information and order here: Djabe | Djabe: Live in Edmonton 2CD
I wish you countless of hours enjoying the the Djabe world!

Hi, Yes we plan to release the very first album in a deluxe box, with new surround mixes in DVD-Audio format. I hope this will come out in 2021. But this month's new baby is the Live In Edmonton 2CD.
More information and order here: Djabe | Djabe: Live in Edmonton 2CD
I wish you countless of hours enjoying the the Djabe world!

I look forward to Live in Edmonton. Have you considered playing elsewhere in Canada, preferably Vancouver?

I look forward to Live in Edmonton. Have you considered playing elsewhere in Canada, preferably Vancouver?
This year we have no plan to play overseas, but next year possible. We try to visit Vancouver too. We had a gig there in 2013.

Back