New Dolby Atmos Streaming Polls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary,
Count me in for a $30.00 pledge.
I also volunteer to help in whatever area you need.
I'm in the US ETZ.
Cheers,
Sal
BTW, My system is 5.2.4, very music, PC file oriented, but includes Apple 4k TV streaming and all the other normal sources.
Day to day OS is PCLinuxOS but also dual boot Windoz10 for compatibility with MMH. ;)
I'm 72 and retired, and my brain don't work so good any more. LOL

I'm still only 5.1, but the future is Streaming IMO, whether I like it or not ..."NOT".

What will you do, when streaming is the only way to hear your fav. album in surround (cough... Steve Wilson mixed Cars ST, as one example YTBD.)

I just need to figure out how I'm going to get 4 heights up.

An update:

A few volunteers here are now collecting Atmos Streaming release data to seed the database. That will be ongoing for next couple of weeks.

I have completed the database implementation for storing the new voting system. All the calcs are built into the SQL Server database as ā€˜triggersā€™ (the calcs get run automatically whenever a vote is added, updated or deleted). The website UI isnā€™t aware of the calcs, it just saves votes and displays the calcs results. SQL Server is not just a data store, it runs its own embedded programs too).

User defined ā€˜Vote Weightingā€™ is implemented.

Next is getting the new forum running on a test server and implementing the User Interface. I plan to start that tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited:
On pledges: If we reach the year 1 goal (looks like we have) we have two options:

1. Use excess to fund year 2 costs
2. Reduce your actual donation when itā€™s called in

Iā€™ll let each of you decide what youā€™d like to do when we get closer to launch and I need to commit to signing up for hosting services etc.

3. Pocket the excess for your time and expertise.

I vote no. 3 :)

Thanks for the thought!

Iā€™m going to be a big user of the new polls and I wasn't planning to donate unless we need additional funds. Thatā€™s my ā€˜paybackā€™.

Iā€™d vote 1 if I do donate though.

Itā€™s likely the Server fees will be in USD, so it makes sense for someone in US to collect the $ and pay in USD. If I collect the donations thereā€™s a double whammy in exchange rate fees (USD to AUD to USD). Letā€™s solve that later. Weā€™ll need a Treasurer!

An update:
  • I just registered this domain name: SpatialMusicReview.com (2 yrs).
  • The test/development environment has been setup with the initial forum software and database.
  • Iā€˜ve imported over 1000 releases into the database, although still missing many URL links to Apple Music.
My plan is to allow access for our volunteers here to continue entering missing data over next couple of weeks or so while I continue with the coding including auto creation of 1000+ release threads to allow user voting.

All volunteers here plus users who have pledged a donation will receive a PM from me with an invite to register and access the data for review/editing release data. (A week away probably).

Once we have enough release data, and itā€™s approved by the volunteers, it will go live to the general public, although QQ members will be the first to know!

THX
Garry

An update:
  • I just registered this domain name: SpatialMusicReview.com (2 yrs).
  • The test/development environment has been setup with the initial forum software and database.
  • Iā€˜ve imported over 1000 releases into the database, although still missing many URL links to Apple Music.
My plan is to allow access for our volunteers here to continue entering missing data over next couple of weeks or so while I continue with the coding including auto creation of 1000+ release threads to allow user voting.

All volunteers here plus users who have pledged a donation will receive a PM from me with an invite to register and access the data for review/editing release data. (A week away probably).

Once we have enough release data, and itā€™s approved by the volunteers, it will go live to the general public, although QQ members will be the first to know!

THX
Garry

Thanks for all your hard work on this Garry! I think I said it upthread, but in case I didn't, happy to volunteer time and funds.

Back