New Dolby Atmos Streaming Polls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not calling for donations just yet Ted. We’ll need to collect around the time the poll website goes live at the end of this month, we need to commit funds to host the website on a commercial hosting service.

I still have not decided which one to use. Microsoft Azure may be the best (fast, auto backups and hosted on multiple servers if one has an unexpected outage) but may be more expensive than the other service I’ve used previously (running my business website 10 years ago - no issues there BTW).

I’m in for $30 - and volunteering for any beta testing etc. I think it will be interesting to see how reviews for a given album vary across different listening environments. Eg 7.1.4 sounds great, 5.1 doesn’t, or Binaural vs Apple Spatial, etc. Even if there’s little height incorporated in a mix, it’s interesting to see how the various foldowns translate across each other.

I’m not calling for donations just yet Ted. We’ll need to collect around the time the poll website goes live at the end of this month, we need to commit funds to host the website on a commercial hosting service.

I still have not decided which one to use. Microsoft Azure may be the best (fast, auto backups and hosted on multiple servers if one has an unexpected outage) but may be more expensive than the other service I’ve used previously (running my business website 10 years ago - no issues there BTW).
I'll start with a $35 pledge.

Thanks Bill. I’ve put this project on hold at the moment. I may look at it again late this year but probably won’t. I just don’t have the time or the passion right now.
Your call Gary, I fully understand.
I hope at least you were warmed by the fact that so many of us were
ready, willing, and able to at least throw a piece of our wallets into supporting
all the work you put into helping the multich community. ;)
Cheers good buddy.
Sal

Back