New Download site

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious as well. Probably anyone with an interest in surround music is.

googled it, but it didn't find any add'l webpages other than the storefront. I'd be open to learning how to download 5.1 music if we got new releases from artists who (even if unknown) were good.

They offer multiple surround mixes! Ones with ambience and ones that are discrete! How cool is that??

Q: What is the difference between stereo, stage and audience mixes?

A: We offer three distinct mixes for download:
2.0 Channel Stereo - This has been the standard way to deliver music to consumers for 50 years. The music is mixed into a left and right speaker and can reproduce a continuous spread of sound in between the speakers.

5.1 “Audience” Perspective - If you’ve been to the movies or have a surround sound setup in your home theater, you already know how compelling surround sound can be. For music, the surround speakers can contain the ambience of the room and give you the best seat in the house. This is referred to as the “Audience” perspective.

5.1 “Stage” Perspective - For many musicians and more open-minded listeners, sitting on the stage in the center of the musicians is the “best seat in the house”. Until 5.1 surround sound you couldn’t experience music in this position. It’s a completely new and immersive experience and one definitely worth checking out. The rear speakers are used heavily. The stage perspective works best with large rear speakers.

This is the site Mark Waldrep (AIX) promised months ago and has now delivered. This is really sooner than I had thought it would happen when I first read a discussion. I joined and I am downloading a sample now. I am not sure about any specifics regarding how any of it works yet, but I am looking forward to figuring it all out.

I want WMA Lossless but don't have a clue right now what it will take to play it.

Chris

This is the site Mark Waldrep (AIX) promised months ago and has now delivered. This is really sooner than I had thought it would happen when I first read a discussion. I joined and I am downloading a sample now. I am not sure about any specifics regarding how any of it works yet, but I am looking forward to figuring it all out.

I want WMA Lossless but don't have a clue right now what it will take to play it.

Chris
Windows media player will play WMA lossless.

Windows media player will play WMA lossless.

However, AFAIK WMP will not play through ASIO so I can't use it with my soundcard. Winamp will play WMA files and it can use ASIO but with my setup the channels are off. Left right front are correct, left rear comes through the center and the other two are off as well. If I correct for one channel, the rest come out in the wrong channels... By the way. I tried Foobar 2000 as well... hated it.

Hmmm... I just realized that I can open a WMA file in Nuendo... sweet

All individual tracks go to their proper place.

Back