Quantcast

New DV Releases for January 2021! (Mott the Hoople, BTO, Burton Cummings, Grover Washington Jr!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
When one considers that just the Mott the Hoople and Burton Cummings D~V QUAD/Stereo SACDs contain a total of 6 hi res albums, including 2 in QUAD, US reissue companies MoFi and AP would charge a minimum of $30 list per disc [and NO quad] for a total of $180 list.....not to mention the Grover Washington was originally a 2 LP set and the £11.99 prices for the Classical QUADs which in most cases are two~fers,contain bonus tracks as well.

D~V YOU ARE THE BEST!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK here's my order for today, if I start to feel a little parched in the next month may dip in for some stragglers.
I seem to like this Stokowski guy; and thrilled to have the Soul Box.

2CDSML8578
Mott the Hoople • The Hoople, All the Young Dudes & Mott [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel/Stereo]

CDSML8584
Bachman-Turner Overdrive & Bachman-Turner Overdrive II [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

2CDSML8583
Burton Cummings • Burton Cummings, My Own Way to Rock & Dream of a Child [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel/Stereo]

CDSML8580
Grover Washington, Jr. • Soul Box [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

CDLX7380
LEOPOLD STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BEETHOVEN • Symphony No. 3 “Eroica” & BRAHMS • Academic Festival Overture [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

CDLX7382
LEOPOLD STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS MAHLER • Symphony No. 2 “Resurrection” [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

CDSML8576
DONALD BYRD • Street Lady [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

CDSML8536
Hugo Montenegro: Rocket Man - A Tribute To Elton John & Mammy Blue [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Way to go Michael! With only 49 weeks left in 2021 I was worried.
I'm likely to get all except a few of the classical ones I have all the Mott albums on expanded CD with bonus tracks so the stereo portions will be a double dip for me.

So Michael what are your February releases?

sbrom

500 Club - QQ All-Star
OMFG - BTO‘s “Blue Collar” is at the top of my all time favorite song list. Now to have it available in quad! Can’t believe this happening. :):):)

I hope the mastering is good. There are some stereo CD versions that don’t sound so good. Knowing DV it will be great.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Way to go Michael! With only 49 weeks left in 2021 I was worried.
I'm likely to get all except a few of the classical ones I have all the Mott albums on expanded CD with bonus tracks so the stereo portions will be a double dip for me.

So Michael what are your February releases?
I'm thinking the next batch will be in April 2021 so you can stuff your Easter Basket with D~V two~fers instead of chocolate bunnies, gourmet jelly beans and those puffy little marshmallow chicks!

See the source image

Last edited:

ngv99

WOW! BTO and Mott for sure, will definitely consider the others. Ordered those and filled in a couple gaps long overdue.

CDLX7377
IGOR STRAVINSKY • The Firebird & The Rite of Spring [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

CDSML8584
Bachman-Turner Overdrive & Bachman-Turner Overdrive II [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]
£11.99

2CDSML8578
Mott the Hoople • The Hoople, All the Young Dudes & Mott [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel/Stereo]
£19.99

CDSML8566
The O'Jays - Survival & Family Reunion [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

Sub Total:
£55.96
Shipping:
£11.50
Grand Total:
£67.46

Last edited:

GaryG

Thanks for the heads up rtbluray. My order is in. Now I will have something to hold me over till Year Of The Cat gets here.

Mott the Hoople • The Hoople, All the Young Dudes & Mott [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Burton Cummings • Burton Cummings, My Own Way to Rock & Dream of a Child [SACD Hybrid Muylti-Channel]

Grover Washington, Jr. • Soul Box [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Bachman-Turner Overdrive & Bachman-Turner Overdrive II [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel

And a couple older ones I've been wanting.

DONALD BYRD • Street Lady [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Pierre Boulez Conducts Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

ubertrout

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Ordered the four Pop/Rock/Jazz albums plus Donald Byrd/Street Lady. I have to admit, however, that I am a wee bit nervous having gone against GOS's Law :unsure:
If you want to pad, there's some great classical and easy listening CDs on sale for a pound each, like Ingrid Jacoby's Russian piano music album. There's also a free Dutton Epoch Sampler CD.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Mott The Hoople is one I've been requesting for a while now, thrilled to see it finally materialize. I think it's a really underrated title--the quad mix is radically different than the original stereo version with tons of added echo/delay on the drum kit and vocals, which is interesting as I've usually found CBS' quads to be generally much drier-sounding than their stereo counterparts.
I just remembered, there's actually a fun bit of info about the quad mix of The Hoople in Dave Thompson's The Ultimate Guide To Vinyl.

Hoople 1.jpg

Hoople 2.jpg

Hoople 3.jpg

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova