New DV Releases for January 2021! (Mott the Hoople, BTO, Burton Cummings, Grover Washington Jr!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna take my silver dollar
Change it into quarters
Shove 'em in the record machine

cRhJKoL.jpg

The fidelity of this latest batch is outstanding. Burton Cummings leaps out like he's playing right in front of you. One way to get around social distancing I guess?! :)

I just love the way the Wizard does his work, the whole master tape > SACD process works so well in his hands... Really interesting reading up on the Guess Who story so big thanks to Steelydave for the BTO notes et all.

I shall be dipping back in to purchase some of the classical next week... Just looking forward to more wonderful quads from DV, keep 'em coming! :phones

The fidelity of this latest batch is outstanding. Burton Cummings leaps out like he's playing right in front of you. One way to get around social distancing I guess?! :)

I just love the way the Wizard does his work, the whole master tape > SACD process works so well in his hands... Really interesting reading up on the Guess Who story so big thanks to Steelydave for the BTO notes et all.

I shall be dipping back in to purchase some of the classical next week... Just looking forward to more wonderful quads from DV, keep 'em coming! :phones

Master Smithers, did you ride your bicycle to Watford and pick them up in person? Glad you're enjoying them.

But NOT A ONE in ATMOS, your fav new codec!

Master Smithers, did you ride your bicycle to Watford and pick them up in person? Glad you're enjoying them.

But NOT A ONE in ATMOS, your fav new codec!

Ha yeah luckily Postman Pat didn't get stuck in the snow. That should hopefully mean they hit the US sometime in the week perhaps? Seem to be quicker these days... You will not be disappointed. Who needs Atmos when you have brilliant mixed quads like these?! :p

This is great. So much better to have the discs announced WHEN they are ready to ship than go through months (and years) of constant wondering where the hell this title is. There is some fun when a title is announced in advance as we all can get fired up and excited about it, but the longer it takes to come out the more stress and distress finds its way into the forum. Delays can be caused by anything from disgruntled artists and lawyers to a freaking world wide Pandemic. Who the hell knows what can happen after a title is announced?

This way is so much cleaner! :)

Can’t wait for the BTO. And I’m also buying Classical and Opera music these days - because I’ve heard every other type music before, among other reasons.

I wonder how many Columbia records titles we’ve managed to liberate from the vaults now? Thanks.

Ha yeah luckily Postman Pat didn't get stuck in the snow. That should hopefully mean they hit the US sometime in the week perhaps? Seem to be quicker these days... You will not be disappointed. Who needs Atmos when you have brilliant mixed quads like these?! :p
Who needs Atmos when you have brilliant mixed quads like these?! :cool: too true

My Atmos fan club is watching...:LOL:

It's really hard to gauge the actual number of single QUAD/Stereo LP albums contained in these 11 new rock/jazz/classical D~V batch of releases but it's probably over 20. With priority s/h, in US dollars my total was $202.60 and if you do the math, probably around $10 [or less] per hi res SACD!

Where else in this day and age can one reasonably get superbly remastered QUAD/Stereo SACDs for THAT INCREDIBLE price?

EASY ANSWER: THE WIZARD of WATFORD!

Last edited:
For those of you that have ordered from the Vocalion Website, how long does it take to get your orders when choosing the various ship methods to the United States? I’m located in Southern California. Is it worth choosing Priority Shipping?

With much slower mail delivery nowadays, I do recommend priority s/h from the UK. In non covid times, it took up to 6 weeks sometimes to receive parcels via regular mail from D~V [to New York]. My last two D~V orders shipped priority took about 8 days or less [but before covid struck].

I guess, I’ll be waiting a while then for delivery. I ended up going the cheaper economy route.

I do the same thing, but make sure to add tracking when ordering say, 2 or 3 items. Otherwise, I pay extra when ordering 6 titles. Moral of story, always order with Tracking.

Back