New Fish album Weltschmerz in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered too. I think you get a lot on the blu ray disc in addition to the album which is around 86 minutes long in 5.1. There is an interview with Mark & Julie Wilkinson and an interview with Fish which is pretty long.

Do you all think there will be a US vendor for this title?
I think that is unlikely. His last few releases seemed to be pretty exclusive to his own shop. As his audience window is kind of narrow, I think he makes more money directly than having to split with a distributor.

I have been ordering from him directly for probably 20 years now and I have never had an issue. His set up and fulfillment isn’t as polished as others but he gets it done.

His current wife seems to be handling most of the work. Understandably he has kept tighter controls on the shop ever since he apparently got swindled by the person he had running the shop a number of years ago.

I think that is unlikely. His last few releases seemed to be pretty exclusive to his own shop. As his audience window is kind of narrow, I think he makes more money directly than having to split with a distributor.

I have been ordering from him directly for probably 20 years now and I have never had an issue. His set up and fulfillment isn’t as polished as others but he gets it done.

His current wife seems to be handling most of the work. Understandably he has kept tighter controls on the shop ever since he apparently got swindled by the person he had running the shop a number of years ago.

OK, then I'm going to order now...don't want to risk it selling out.

Deluxe edition is only going to be sold via his 'shop', it is a limited edition of a print run of 15,000, he did say that if those did sell out before release day he would print some more though there would be a delay of a couple of months, so a purchase prior to 24th Sept would guarantee a copy, which I realise won't help those waiting on a review. My view is there's lots of good content on the blu ray & the last Cd deluxe package was tremendous together with his last two releases being strong ones compared to some patchy ones (Fellini Day, Suits etc) in the middle of his solo career.
Still remember the day, aged 13 when during Orchestral rehearsals someone rocked up with a 7 inch copy of Market Sq Heroes & said 'you like Genesis don't you'

Deluxe edition is only going to be sold via his 'shop', it is a limited edition of a print run of 15,000, he did say that if those did sell out before release day he would print some more though there would be a delay of a couple of months, so a purchase prior to 24th Sept would guarantee a copy, which I realise won't help those waiting on a review. My view is there's lots of good content on the blu ray & the last Cd deluxe package was tremendous together with his last two releases being strong ones compared to some patchy ones (Fellini Day, Suits etc) in the middle of his solo career.
Still remember the day, aged 13 when during Orchestral rehearsals someone rocked up with a 7 inch copy of Market Sq Heroes & said 'you like Genesis don't you'

Just by way of a benchmark; I know that Pendragon (who must have a similar audience to Fish's solo material) sold out of their first 10,000 editions of their 40th anniversary special edition (it's stereo only) and did an additional run of 10,000, so I would guess that he'll have no problem shifting 15,000. But you have the "insurance" of a possible reprint if pre-sales are high.

I haven't followed solo Fish material. This is my first to own, but i liked the samples i heard. Is there any other Fish in surround other than the Marillion disks?

I haven't followed solo Fish material. This is my first to own, but i liked the samples i heard. Is there any other Fish in surround other than the Marillion disks?
Unfortunately not & very little chance as 2cd remasters only just recently out.

Unfortunately not & very little chance as 2cd remasters only just recently out.
The original (1997) version of Sunsets on Empire was mixed and produced in QSound (anyone remember that? Roger Waters, Sting and Madonna also delved into it), but that's as close as you'll get. I had hoped that he would include surround in his recent set of re-releases, but it was not to be

How would you compare the original release to the deluxe edition? Is the original worth seeking out for the QSound element?
I don't have the deluxe (yet), and to be honest it's been so long since I played my original copy that I can't remember how effective the QSound is on it. When I get chance I'll give it another spin and let you know.

My general recollection (I have several QSound releases) is that the effect is expansive, but very subtle. However, I also seem to recall that they work particularly well with any kind of matrix decoder.

Has anyone who ordered received a shipping notification on the deluxe edition? I haven’t and it is suppose to be released on the 25th. I haven’t seen any updates about a delay 🤔

Has anyone who ordered received a shipping notification on the deluxe edition? I haven’t and it is suppose to be released on the 25th. I haven’t seen any updates about a delay 🤔
Fish is updating status more or less regularly in Facebook. He received the deluxe editions today and is still in the process of packaging. Most likely they will be out on Monday. If you chose a tracked shipping method, you'll receive the number when it's shipped. So nothing to worry about yet.
Regular CD and vinyl orders have been shipped already or are being shipped

Fish is updating status more or less regularly in Facebook. He received the deluxe editions today and is still in the process of packaging. Most likely they will be out on Monday. If you chose a tracked shipping method, you'll receive the number when it's shipped. So nothing to worry about yet.
Regular CD and vinyl orders have been shipped already or are being shipped
Thanks. I’ve been periodically checking his Facebook page. I just read yesterday’s post. Sounds like more activity than a beehive over there with all the packing and labeling. Now, I am hoping for Preorder news about a Fugazi deluxe edition

Back