New Fish album Weltschmerz in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine as well. I haven't listened yet, but its ripped and ready. I was initially impressed with the quality of the packaging. I love how the cardboard has a velvety feel to it. The whole package just seems to scream quality. I started reading the book and it is an interesting read as well.

Its odd that there is no dedicated high res stereo mix on the Blueray. The surround mix is 24/48, DTS-MA and LPCM. are both available There are 4 included music videos as well, all of them with 24/48 stereo audio streams. Each video has a corresponding "The making of ..." documentary film. There is also a handfull of audio only live tracks in stereo and they are 24/48, authored with no chapter breaks. The only full version of the album in stereo is on the two CDs.

I have to say I'm most impressed with the material itself. This is quite an ambitious project from Fish.

According to tracking mine has made it to NY:

Updated on: Wednesday 07 October 11:15 am Item Received ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS), United States of America

4 days from UK to NY, not bad (y)
Mine's been showing as leaving the UK since Oct. 9. No other tracking info since. Certainly the Royal Mail can't be this slow. Or can it? :confused:

Mine's been showing as leaving the UK since Oct. 9. No other tracking info since. Certainly the Royal Mail can't be this slow. Or can it? :confused:
Not normally if sent by airmail. I have had USPS to UK take for ever with USPS not updating the tracking, then it appears on the Royal Mail tracker and sits in RM's UK Customs centre for ages (then they charged me £12 for the privilege of paying £10 import duty!)

I got my copy on Saturday. I have watched the two videos, one about the music and one about the artwork, quite enjoyable.
Love the music, especially the pop song, This Party's Over.
Surround is very good at 5.1.

Reactions: GOS
It seemed a bit pricey at first so I was waiting on some reviews; sounds like I need to jump on this while it is available.
Thanks for all the tips in the Poll Thread on his others ... time to update my what are you waiting on list

It is pricey but I have been along for the ride this long, I may as well finish it up the trip 😀

I would politely suggest that you check out the release on a streaming service or You Tube first to make sure you are OK with the music.

Normally I wouldn’t do that but if you haven’t heard Fish’s latter solo stuff, I think that is the prudent thing to do.

That said, the Deluxe Version book has an abundance of art by Fish’s career long collaborators, Mark & Julie Wilkinson.

And their daughter contributed in the creation of the video for Garden of Remembrance which is included in the edition. Maybe more interesting is the making of video for that song.

I was kind of blown away by the making of video. Watch the video of the song first, than the making of short. Took me by surprise. By the way you can you tube both of those.

Back