New Fish album Weltschmerz in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This is going with a blast! The new and what is supposed to be the last album by Fish will be released in Blu-ray and in 5.1, just confirmed today:

His previous LP was great (A Feast of Consequences) and the EP that contains some songs that will be in this album (A Parley with Angels) was excellent as well.
Really looking forward to it

Cesar, thanks for posting this.

I checked out the following 3 songs from youtube that will be on the new album and if any indication of the rest of the new album this is going to be a really good album.

Man with a Stick
Little Man What Now?
Waverley Steps

Is this really going to be his last album?

Cesar, thanks for posting this.

I checked out the following 3 songs from youtube that will be on the new album and if any indication of the rest of the new album this is going to be a really good album.

Man with a Stick
Little Man What Now?
Waverley Steps

Is this really going to be his last album?
That's been his plan for quite some time. He's planning to retire from music biz, that's why he's remastering his back catalogue and touring in an attempt to complete his retirement funds. Take a look at his diaries on his website, I like his honesty very much.

Fish - Weltschmerz (2CD+BD-V)
Release date: July 10th
1584954540322.png

The Blu ray disc, only available in the deluxe version, will have a my first ever 5-1 mix produced by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield (‘Clutching at Straws’, ‘Script for a Jester’s Tear’), the promo videos for ‘Man With a Stick’, ‘Weltschmerz’ and 2 others, live audio recordings of ‘Man with a Stick’, ‘Little Man What Now’ (with David Jackson) , ‘C Song’ and ‘Waverley Steps’ from the 2018 shows, live concert footage of ‘Weltschmerz’ songs from Edinburgh Queens Hall March 2020, demos from 2018/19 and a 90 minute interview conducted by Will Smith of the history and content of the ‘Weltschmerz’ album filmed here at the Studio by David Barras and Scott Mackay who have created the amazing new video for the title track.

Fingers crossed for a great surround mix 🤞

Had to look it up, here's what wiki says it means-

Weltschmerz (from the German, literally world-pain, also world weariness, pronounced [ˈvɛltʃmɛɐ̯ts]) is a term coined by the German author Jean Paul. In its original meaning in the Deutsches Wörterbuch by Brothers Grimm, it denotes a deep sadness about the inadequacy or imperfection of the world (tiefe Traurigkeit über die Unzulänglichkeit der Welt). The translation can differ depending on context, in reference to the self it can mean "world weariness", in reference to the world it can mean "the pain of the world".

The deluxe edition of his last album "A Feast of Consequences" was so damned good ,even without a surround mix, that I pre ordered this one with zero hesitation.

Pro order here

Fish has said in interviews how good he thinks the surround mix is, and you can only hope, given how he must have been involved in the early Marillion surround mixes, that he knows a bit about it.

Back