New Fish album Weltschmerz in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My deluxe copy of Weltschmerz arrived this morning, unfortunately I'm still partially deaf in my right ear and everything sounds boomy :( so my to listen to pile has just increased by 1.
Wow! As far as I can tell, mine hasn't even shipped yet. Anyone from US order this thing like me? If yes, any word on shipments?

According to facebook posts from Fish, they received the deluxe editions (with 5.1) last Wednesday and he claims that they started sending them out yesterday (Monday, Sept 28). That seems kind of off as it appears some people got them overnight?

Whatever....
Fish's long post on the topic indicates that they got almost 2,000 shipped yesterday. He also claims that he has close to 10,000 orders so it is going to take about a week to get them all out in the mail system. He sent out vinyl & standard CDs last week.

No word was mentioned as to having a fulfillment plan in place (IE: In order received, Processing by region/country, or Shipping method selected). I believe that that there were only tracked shipping options for the deluxe edition so we all should be getting an email with that # once they send it out.

In the same post, he asks for patience as he is literally doing this in-house. Like from his house with five helpers + he & his wife.
He has a better excuse than Rhino's Dobbie Brothers shipping faux pas

I have supported the man and all his "cunning plans" since 1983. Never has any of the plans gone off without a hitch :). Why should his supposed last new release be different?

Last edited:
According to facebook posts from Fish, they received the deluxe editions (with 5.1) last Wednesday and he claims that they started sending them out yesterday (Monday, Sept 28). That seems kind of off as it appears some people got them overnight?

Whatever....
Fish's long post on the topic indicates that they got almost 2,000 shipped yesterday. He also claims that he has close to 10,000 orders so it is going to take about a week to get them all out in the mail system.

In the same post, he asks for patience as he is literally doing this in-house. Like from his house with five helpers + he & his wife.

I have supported the man and all his "cunning plans" since 1983. Never has any of the plans gone off without a hitch :). Why should his supposed last new release be different.
Oh, wow. Now that's crazy. 10k orders huh? Heck, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Appreciate the insight.

Allegedly, that total would have been enough for a #2 midweek UK chart position last week. As Fish is manufacturing & distributing directly, it is not chart eligible. For whatever that means in today's world.

I do know that he is getting some very good reviews from the critics and his current fanbase. The reaction is kind of mixed from the global Marillion fanbase which has somewhat remained in support of his solo work for 35 odd years.

Allegedly, that total would have been enough for a #2 midweek UK chart position last week. As Fish is manufacturing & distributing directly, it is not chart eligible. For whatever that means in today's world.

I do know that he is getting some very good reviews from the critics and his current fanbase. The reaction is kind of mixed from the global Marillion fanbase which has somewhat remained in support of his solo work for 35 odd years.
I auditioned a few songs, and I really enjoyed what I heard. So, cannot wait for this one. I have ZERO doubt the fidelity will be awesome. I sort of expect the surround to be similar to some of the Marillion titles.

I got a shipped e-mail this morning saying that mine will arrive tomorrow (y).

On his Facebook every Friday he does a 2 hour chat from his home, called Fish On Friday, which is entertaining. You don't have to be on Facebook to watch, and they are kept there to watch later. Last Friday he was describing the packaging industry going on at his home of the new album. His 87 year old mum was packaging the standard CDs apparently!

Just got email - my deluxe is now on the way to Abq.

Time to be too nosy... :devilish:
Do you happen to know your order # (not exact - just ballpark) or remember your order date?

I had an order # in the 7,000(s) and an August 20 order date. Trying to guess my expected ETA
My guess is that mine goes out Thursday if it is going by order #

Oh the games that we play.

Time to be too nosy... :devilish:
Do you happen to know your order # (not exact - just ballpark) or remember your order date?

I had an order # in the 7,000(s) and an August 20 order date. Trying to guess my expected ETA
My guess is that mine goes out Thursday if it is going by order #

Oh the games that we play.
Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, order number in the low 5,000s, ordered 26 July.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, order number in the low 5,000s, ordered 26 July.
5200 here and no shipping notification, grrrr
I have listened to the album in Tidal (doing some other stuff in parallel) and I was not so impressed by the record (liked Feast more). But anyway really looking forward to it

Back