New Fish album Weltschmerz in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - I guess my theory on mailing by order # is off then. :p
I guess I will have to make due with getting more acquainted with Pineapple Thief's 'versions of the Truth' and the DB Qudio.
It really has been an exceptional surround sound year with still more yet to come

Time to be too nosy... :devilish:
Do you happen to know your order # (not exact - just ballpark) or remember your order date?

I had an order # in the 7,000(s) and an August 20 order date. Trying to guess my expected ETA
My guess is that mine goes out Thursday if it is going by order #

Oh the games that we play.
Order # just under 1700, I put it in July 25 IIRC.

Royal Mail seems to really be on their game this week.
Hopefully mine will make it over to the USA in quick order.

My tracking email arrived yesterday (Order number in the 4650s) and it's here waiting for me after work today. The package is superb, the audio is split across two CDs. 1.4 hours!
Mine arrived today too, and am just starting my first listen in LPCM 5.1. Its sounding great so far, with plenty of discrete action (instruments and backing vocals) in the rear speakers.

I agree the packaging is really nice too.

Mine arrived this morning in the UK, no shipping notice was given, my order no was 3620. I'm only at the 3rd song so far and I've no complaint about the surround mix at all, it's certainly better than the previous Marillion offerings in my opinion, it's got sounds distinctly coming from all 5 speakers and the sub too. I think everybody will be pleased with it, the package is superb as well with a very premium feel to it.

I've listened all the way through now, all 84 minutes, and the surround mix is good (y)

I know from Fish's website that the surround mix was done by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield, who did the mixes for Marillion's Clutching At Straws and Script For A Jester's Tear. Unless I'm going mad and blind in my old age though, I can't see these 2 credited anywhere in the book or packaging, which don't say who the mixes were done by :confused:. If anyone can find their names there, please let me know!

I've listened all the way through now, all 84 minutes, and the surround mix is good (y)

I know from Fish's website that the surround mix was done by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield, who did the mixes for Marillion's Clutching At Straws and Script For A Jester's Tear. Unless I'm going mad and blind in my old age though, I can't see these 2 credited anywhere in the book or packaging, which don't say who the mixes were done by :confused:. If anyone can find their names there, please let me know!
You are going mad they are credited for re-mixing both, onthe penultimate page of each book, also mentioned on discogs, but it doesn't specifically say the surround mix, just re-mix (remixed). and on the same page of weltschmerz too, where it says for surrounding him & mixing it up.

Fish has sent the following email about the delays to posting orders -

1601574504657.png

1601574539423.png

1601574596325.png

Back