New Forum for Software DVD-Audio Players

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There does not appear to be a forum for Software based DVD-Audio Players. Do we need one?

There are two that I know of on the PC, MediaSource for Creative's Audigy2 sound cards and the add-on for WinDVD.

Can I suggest that there may be value in a forum to post messages on experiences with these. I cannot see an obvious home for these in the current set of forums.

As an example, I would be interested in a thread regarding a problem I have with the MediaSource software which only gives you the ability to play some streams on my machine. To give a couple of examples, I cannot play the mono mix of Pet Sounds or the Stereo Mix on Brian Wilson Live At The Roxy.

There also seems to be an incompatibility between my Sony DVD-Writer and the MediaSource Software which crashes if I put a DVD-Audio disk in that drive. My LG DVD-Rom works fine.

I'm fine with it in here, however the sticky on the purpose of the forum seems to indicate that this is for PC Recording of DVD-Audio, rather than for Playback.

Oh, I don't know...DVD-A computer workshop sort of implies that it covers pretty much everything. Recording, Playback, assembly.

We do need more info on this subject though. I know of only a couple so far, and that is WinDVD and the one that ships with Creativelabs Fraudigy. There must be more, or at least - more in the works...

I had fun with my Creative's Audigy2 untill I upgraded my card to an Echo Layla. I neede more inputs and ASIO 2. I still miss playing DVD-A on my computer set up though. It played a disc that would not play on the Toshiba. plus it was fun to here 5.1 with a different set up. It also gave me the Sampling rate of the discs, which I liked. Is winDVD my only software sollution now?

There is a new version of WinDVD out, version 6. It does DVD-A and a few new things. It looks really nice. I will post a screen shot when I get it up and running.

Back