New Guy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen#&111

Hi, I'm Martin and I'm new here.

Hello people

I'm trying to post my first post regarding Queen 30th Anniversary CD/DVD. But it keeps telling me to write in (recipient), and I'm not sure what to put in the (recipient) area???
Can someone please help.

Hello Your Highnesses I'm Martin and I'm new here.

A Night at the Opera:

Brian May said the 30th Anniversary 2005 cd cannot be bettered. My question to you lovely people is:

What does he think about the 2011 version??

Hello, I'm Martin and I'm waiting for approval. If I didn't do this right the first time? I sincerely apologize.

I'm 59 years, and I live in MAROUBRA, SYDNEY NSW AUSTRALIA. I like to chat about my 2 favourite Bands: Queen and Kiss. I'm a musician since 1982 and I have gone full circle from performing, to listening to Vinyl again. I'm running out of room, thanks, and looking forward to chatting.
Regards
Martin

Don't know what you are doing to get that response. All you have to do to post a message is scroll to the bottom of the posts and type your message then hit "post reply".

If you want to respond or refer to someone else's post it's even easier, just click on reply under that message, the message will be appended to yours, you just type in your reply below and click "post reply".

Her is a link to the poll thread.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...lectors-edition-dts-96-24-dvd-cd.10088/page-3

You must have clicked on the "mail icon" and it opens up a box to start a private message. That's something totally different.

1665544114904.png

Don't know what you are doing to get that response. All you have to do to post a message is scroll to the bottom of the posts and type your message then hit "post reply".

If you want to respond or refer to someone else's post it's even easier, just click on reply under that message, the message will be appended to yours, you just type in your reply below and click "post reply".

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...lectors-edition-dts-96-24-dvd-cd.10088/page-3
Thanks man

Thanks Mate, got it sused, I'm still waiting for approval.

Welcome Queen#&111!

Do you enjoy multi-channel / surround / atmos / etc. listening as well?
Welcome Queen#&111!

Do you enjoy multi-channel / surround / atmos / etc. listening as well?
I'm interested in the difference in normal CD and a Remaster?? I also purchased a Queen DVDs with Stereo and 1.5, it all sounds the same to me?? It's probably a case where I need to have the latest super duper player, I also have a very standard CD player.

Well, your system has to be set up to have the ability to play multiple "channels". There are a considerable number of means to do so, and a lot of different media types to then enjoy on the system.

You can search the pages of this Forum to better understand the possibilities, or just Google "5.1 multichannel system" and you'll be off and running.

Well, your system has to be set up to have the ability to play multiple "channels". There are a considerable number of means to do so, and a lot of different media types to then enjoy on the system.

You can search the pages of this Forum to better understand the possibilities, or just Google "5.1 multichannel system" and you'll be off and running.
Hey, thanks for your reply. In your opinion, do you think one can notice the difference, I mean to go out and get set up?? I've heard from other people, the difference is not much, and they say it's not worth the trouble, what do you think?? Do you think the difference Is worth the trouble??

a well done multi-channel release will breathe new life into a familiar song allowing you to enjoy it in new way.
Listen to something like The Dukes Of Stratosphear Psurroundabout Ride in 5.1 and it will demonstrate that you can notice the difference, and it can be exciting.
Another great example is King Crimson, Lizard. I have never enjoyed that album; it is often so dense that every instrument competes for space with each other. The 5.1 opens up the sound-field allowing everything to breathe and you can hear and enjoy the music for a change.

So yes, not everyone enjoys multi-channel, but for someone to say you can't notice a difference is probably sour grapes or their only listened to it in stereo thinking it was surround. (or a Silverline release but I digress)

The Queen Greatest VIdeo Hits (think that is the name) is great in surround! You may dig it

Back