New Guy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, thanks for your reply. In your opinion, do you think one can notice the difference, I mean to go out and get set up?? I've heard from other people, the difference is not much, and they say it's not worth the trouble, what do you think?? Do you think the difference Is worth the trouble??

Yes, I believe it is worth every ounce of effort. But realize of course, music and in particular, surround sound (4.1 is my choice), is a passion and a hobby for me. It is very rewarding to listen to good releases and / or mixes or just good Stereo 2 Surround.

Yes, I believe it is worth every ounce of effort. But realize of course, music and in particular, surround sound (4.1 is my choice), is a passion and a hobby for me. It is very rewarding to listen to good releases and / or mixes or just good Stereo 2 Surround.
Thanks Man, I do have the Queen CDs

A Day at the Races.: 91 and 2011
And
News of the world: 91 and 2011

The 2011 are the 2 disks expanded version of the CDs.

For what it's worth, I'm going to compare the difference if there is a difference on my (basic) DVD player???

a well done multi-channel release will breathe new life into a familiar song allowing you to enjoy it in new way.
Listen to something like The Dukes Of Stratosphear Psurroundabout Ride in 5.1 and it will demonstrate that you can notice the difference, and it can be exciting.
Another great example is King Crimson, Lizard. I have never enjoyed that album; it is often so dense that every instrument competes for space with each other. The 5.1 opens up the sound-field allowing everything to breathe and you can hear and enjoy the music for a change.

So yes, not everyone enjoys multi-channel, but for someone to say you can't notice a difference is probably sour grapes or their only listened to it in stereo thinking it was surround. (or a Silverline release but I digress)

The Queen Greatest VIdeo Hits (think that is the name) is great in surround! You may dig it
Thanks man, Definitely NO sour grapes here, I'm just interested to see if I can tell the difference with my (very standard) CD player?? Eg a Queen Album re released in 1991 and the more recent releases in 2011.
Tomorrow I'll compare, I just find the whole (remasters) thing interesting.

Thanks man, Definitely NO sour grapes here, I'm just interested to see if I can tell the difference with my (very standard) CD player?? Eg a Queen Album re released in 1991 and the more recent releases in 2011.
Tomorrow I'll compare, I just find the whole (remasters) thing interesting.
So do you have 2 speakers hooked up or 5+ speakers.

So, you do not have the equipment to play anything above stereo. Because of this I am not sure what differences you are going to hear on your system. Are you talking about comparing stereo remasters/remixes to their original stereo master/mix? While differences heard depend on the equipment and the person doing the listening, where things come alive is in mixes that require more than 2 speakers. I don't even play stereo as stereo anymore. I use 7.1 enhancement mode on my receiver for that.

Hi Guy, thanks for your time I appreciate it.
I'm sure you've noticed I'm not the HI FI expert, But Brian May kicked off my Interest in Remasters.

I bought Queen Night at the Opera 30th Anniversary which consists of Two disks. Disk 1 Remasted CD and Disk 2 DVD with Stereo and 1.5, I have no idea in this area. My DVD Plays with Stereo, but 1.5 does not play.
I wasn't expecting or hoping for everything to play, with my player, but it did develop an interest with something Brian May said, he said:

This 2005 Remasted CD cannot be bettered,

So my question to this site is: what does Brian May think of the more recent releases eg 2011 and 2015??

I would be very happy if someone can answer my question?

Cheers mate
Thanks

I'm interested in the difference in normal CD and a Remaster?? I also purchased a Queen DVDs with Stereo and 1.5, it all sounds the same to me?? It's probably a case where I need to have the latest super duper player, I also have a very standard CD player.
Most SACDs have a multichannel layer and a standard stereo CD layer. The standard CD layer is there to allow standard CD players to play the music, but they won’t be able to play the multichannel layer at all.

Yes, you need the equipment to hear the advantages of multichannel audio. I, and most of the other users on this forum, feel that once you go MCH, you can’t go back. But then, we’re a bunch of crazies compared to the general public.

If you go to a good movie theater playing a good film, you will get exposed to surround sound. If you know someone who has a MCH setup, bring your DVDs over and have a good listen. My guess is that you’ll be hooked for life, but it will depend on what’s important to you. Some people collect stamps, and that’s important to them. Some people have pets, and that’s important to them. Pick your distractions/addictions carefully. I can’t afford all of mine.

Most SACDs have a multichannel layer and a standard stereo CD layer. The standard CD layer is there to allow standard CD players to play the music, but they won’t be able to play the multichannel layer at all.

Yes, you need the equipment to hear the advantages of multichannel audio. I, and most of the other users on this forum, feel that once you go MCH, you can’t go back. But then, we’re a bunch of crazies compared to the general public.

If you go to a good movie theater playing a good film, you will get exposed to surround sound. If you know someone who has a MCH setup, bring your DVDs over and have a good listen. My guess is that you’ll be hooked for life, but it will depend on what’s important to you. Some people collect stamps, and that’s important to them. Some people have pets, and that’s important to them. Pick your distractions/addictions carefully. I can’t afford all of mine.
I will leave that to someone else to answer as I really don't listen to CD's anymore.

Back