New HQ Reel to Reel Tapes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikomen

QQ Supporter
To those that collect vintage R2R tapes, from eBay, discogs and the likes, if you are willing to do the work, there is brand new 1/4" R2R tape, differing lengths, which is studio master quality tape from a company called ATR Magnetics, which I'm sure some tapeheads know. I have spent up to $400-$600 for a 50 year old vintage reel, only to be disappointed at the amount of degradation has occurred. If you buy HQ downloads from HD Tracks or similar, you can create your own reel that is so superior to the original you'll never pay that price again. If you don't want to do the work I know a guy who'll create the R2R for you, including the identical commercial label, complete with box with original art that is identical to (your) original for $65. If you want to create your own reels and need help with labeling and artwork I'm sure you can work something out with him. But the main point here is there is another post going around about the only cassettes available are low quality, or you can pay $100 for a pair of Metal tapes that are sealed, this tape, that is not true for R2R. Right now you can buy the best quality blank tapes ever made for a reasonable price. After checking their website, I see that they also make cassettes at ATR. I can attest to their tape quality, but not sure of the mechanism. I still prefer 1/4". If anyone is interested I can give contact info for the person I spoke of. Nice guy, actually very, very busy!
ATR1.jpeg
ATR 2.jpg
https://www.atrtape.com/

Back